It is a lot politics going on.

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Philips Healthcare

Pros

The job is great if you work with senior employees who have been through the many changes and merges. Excellent benefits and if you are a part of the click you then will be automatically promoted.

Cons

However, in my fours there and two separate positions I have 5 managers each with their own set of expectations. Upper Management is clueless and is the main reason the company is losing across modalities. Which is a direct result of the employees acting like crabs in a barrel.

Learn the products you support. Listen to those who been around for years, change is good but if it aint broke don't fix it.

Other Reviews for Philips Healthcare

Very Reactive Co. Only acts when GE does.

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at Philips Healthcare

Pros

Positive societal benefits of our products.

Cons

Short term bottom line thinking trumps common sense. Every discovered problem results in a new process. We never solve the problem, we just change our way of measuring it.

Pare down the projects put in place to evaluate what we already do. We have more people evaluating our processes than we have touching customers

ok place to start career

Current Employee - Software Engineer I  in  Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Philips Healthcare

Pros

-work alongside very intelligent scientists
    -transducer technology itself is cutting edge
    -play daily with ultrasound systems
    -a few pretty interesting projects in the pipes
    -quite a few interesting people
    -full benefits
    -no horrible no-gos such as extreme micromanagement
    -somewhat flexible vacation / personal time

Cons

-from a software perspective, not very modern. From a technology perspective, philips is a transducer company, NOT a software company.
    -most work is c++, but it might as well be C for the most part
    -lots of legacy code
    -They senior software guys are for the most part very competent and easy to get along with, but there are many improvements that could be made by encouraging more modern programming practices, api's, languages...
    -senior management is VERY risk-adverse. There are some game-changers in the pipes, but they seem to get shelved a lot.
    -high-level direction on what projects are most important seems to shift frequently

-reduce the flip-floping on which projects are highest priority.
    -drive some of the riskier projects to conclusion, it seems as though we are always playing catch-up after a competitor released something in that 'game-changer' bent.
    -legacy code is definitely inevitable and totally OK, but when porting solutions from an older product to the new platform, more time should be invested in porting over ONLY the parts we still need - this would reduce untold later rework...

There are newer employer reviews for Philips Healthcare.

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!