I've worked for Philips Healthcare for 18 months and it's a great job!

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Philips Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay - benefits are really good. Challenging work.

Cons

Travel can get old at times - not the right job for anyone with young children at home.

Reward the branches of the organization that are blazing trails and creating profits. Trim the fat from the branches of the organization whose day has came and gone.

Other Reviews for Philips Healthcare

Intelligent, professional people in a very politicized, contentious environment.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Philips Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Philips Resuscitation (Heartstream, originally) are a group of some of the finest research and clinically minded developers with whom I have worked. Strong benefits and good compensation package.

Cons

As part of Philips global companies, and by the inclination of a number of managers project and business management is aggressively and uselessly competitive, to the detriment of products and schedules. Decisions are arbitrary and often focused on sabotage of competitive projects, or cover-up of poor decision making. Good people are RIFed to cover bad managers, with the explicit support of HR.

Senior management needs to gain better insight to the project management and use HR to weed bad managers.

Living to Work, not working to live.

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Andover, MA

I worked at Philips Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive starting wage. Make sure you get the money going in, because you certainly won't get it in raises.
    Great to put on a resume.
    Has some wonderful people working there.
    Great benefits.

Cons

When I first began working at Philips, I was a starry eyed recent grad that was thrilled to be able to work with such a large company. For the first few months, I adored the job. Then my nights began getting longer. Soon, I was always working. My responsibilities continued to grow. If I wasn't at work, I was working from home. I had two children at home, and I began missing out on many things.

The environment is extremely corporate. Many managers were awful, and did not know how to manage. My own manager had never been a manager before, and it showed. She had no idea how to oversee a team. She would volunteer me for work, and then penalize me when I wasn't able to accommodate the tasks she sent me because I was so busy helping the people she volunteered me to. If I paused in doing their work to assist her with the tasks she sent me, they complained and she would become upset again. It was a lose lose situation.

The morale is very low at this company. They are losing a lot of their fantastic, creative people due to poor management. A lot of wonderful people are leaving because this company has too many hoops for everyone to jump through to get their work done.

Towards the end of my career at Philips, I became pregnant. I was put on bed rest due to major complications. Two days before I was to be induced, I was terminated for being out too long.

Since my termination, all of my corporate cards, which I then realized had been continued to be used, had balances on them. When I confronted them, they paid them off with the exception of all the late fees. Despite the fact that they had used the cards continuously while I had been on disability, they would not pay the late charges because it is the employee's responsibility to pay them. I now have American Express calling me and threatening to post to my credit report because of over $100 worth of late fees had accumulated.

Philips may have been a great company to work for at one time, but it most certainly is not anymore. They do not value people, only money.

Start rewarding those who work hard. Don't promote people who don't perform. Give better training to your managers so they actually know how to manage. Practice a form of work/life balance so your employees won't be so stressed all the time.

There are newer employer reviews for Philips Healthcare.

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!