Philips North America

www.usa.philips.com

Place to take it easy

Senior Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Andover, MA

Pros- Work-Life balance: Many colleagues left at 4pm from Monday to Thursday. On Friday most people “work” from home. Of course there is little work happening. I know for a fact that some write mails on Thursday and push the sent button on Friday. If you like to take it easy, Philips is for you!
- Benefits and pay: Above market average

Cons- Titles: Be aware that thousands of employees at Philips hold a Director title or higher. If you don’t have one, you are a second class corporate citizen in some situations. Then again, getting a Director title is rather easy, as Philips uses it extensively for motivation and incentive purposes.
- Leadership: My manager took his job very easy, so I had a lot of freedom to do whatever I wanted. Be aware that part of Dutch culture is consent. You will not get straight forward guidance, but rather long discussion targeting at getting almost everyone’s “I agree”.
- Communication/ culture: At Philips they use the messenger Lync. People sitting next to each other still chat. There is less and less face-to-face communication happening.
- Facilities: There are different facilities. I was sitting in building 1, which is a former production hall. Imagine hundreds of cubicles from the 60ies stuck in a stadium one next to the other.

Advice to Senior Management- Overall: Philips is much too big to be managed effectively. You will likely feel lost in the beginning in an organization that seems/ is unorganized. But that is why you get paid above market and are likely to get a title that other companies do not give for the tasks covered. If you are looking to take it easy and make as much money as possible for as little work as possible, Philips is the choice. If you are looking to learn, develop and be influential, look somewhere else.

Company going downhill

Accountant (Former Employee) Andover, MA

I worked at Philips North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Most of the people I worked with were nice and… Cons: IT outsourced most of their US sites to 3rd party consultants and Finance is very slowly going through a reorganization and laying people as it… Advice to Senior Management: Actions speak louder than words. If you want to develop your employees, why… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Place to work

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Philips North America for more than 10 years

Pros: Had Very Good Benefit Program Cons: Everything changed with Funai relationship Advice to Senior Management: No need for advice, no longer doing business in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Philips North America.

Worked for Philips North America? Contribute to the Community!