Philips North America

There are newer employer reviews for Philips North America

Fortunate to Work for a Company Where I'm Making a Difference

Current Contractor - Communications Manager in Andover, MA
Current Contractor - Communications Manager in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips North America as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for a few weeks as a contractor. The other night I went home after work and during dinner I said to my wife, “You know…I’ve been fortunate to work for some really great companies (Fidelity Investments, Monster, Schneider Electric, Oracle) and I have to say that this is the first time I’ve ever truly felt that my work is actually making a difference in someone’s life. You hear people remark that all the time, to the point of it being cliché, but I can honestly say that I believe it and see how Philips cares about patients and is making a difference in the quality of people’s lives. As a contributing employee, that is a reward that is absolutely priceless.

Everyone here has been so open, accepting and nice. Whether they have been on my team directly or working cross-functionally, I was welcomed as part of the Philips team immediately. Never have I felt so welcomed…usually this take months, even years to achieve in a typical work environment. And although it may seem trivial, a lot can be said about people who pass you in the hallway who have no idea who you are and simply know that you are new, stop and say hello and are genuinely nice. Such an impactful and perfect example of the Philips culture.

Everyone strives for absolute excellence. These are not just words to Philips employees. Working in just these two weeks with Philips employees has made me want to learn more, be smarter, work harder, and do the best that I absolutely can each and every day.

Organization, structure, commitment, and work ethic are very much valued within Philips. It’s very refreshing to work in an environment that holds these values so high.

A plethora of information related to Philips corporate, healthcare, and the remaining businesses is available right at my fingertips. To be able to sit for a few days and just download and absorb all of this great information was actually enjoyable because of how easily accessible it was, how well written and concise things are, and how sensibly organized the content and material is.

My manager has been so helpful and flexible in terms of creating a schedule that works for me that includes working from home when I need to. Very refreshing!

I'm also being compensated very well!

Cons

The buildling isn't as modern or inviting as some of the places I've worked in the past. The office park is very much from the 1980's.

Keep up the upbeat messaging around brand, innovation, and making a difference in people's lives.

101 Other Employee Reviews for Philips North America (View Most Recent)

Good company and good learning experience

Current Employee - Vice President in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Vice President in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Philips North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay and dedicated employees

Cons

Unorgananized. Different departments do not talk to each other causing confusion.

Talk to each other. This will take away much frustration at lower levels.

Outstanding place to work - if you like to work hard and play to win

Current Employee - Director in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Philips is tackling the most pressing issues of society - healthcare, sustainability, healthy living. It's big and global and complex - not everyone's cup of tea - but because of this, Philips has the horsepower to make a difference and I as an employee contribute to making that difference.

Cons

If you're a slacker, there's a lot fewer places to hide than there was in the past. The company culture has developed in a very positive way in the past few years, we're accountable and hold each other accountable. We are playing to make a difference in people's lives, to win, not just for a paycheck.

Stick with the clear message you've been sending for the last 24 months. Don't let up and don't change direction, we're on the right track!

There are newer employer reviews for Philips North America