Phillips 66

Great internship experience!

Current Employee - Engineering Intern
Current Employee - Engineering Intern

I have been working at Phillips 66 as an intern

Pros

I had projects comparable to what a full time hire would be working on. Everyone I worked with was very open to helping me when I needed it, and everyone including management was very approachable. They really value their interns and work hard to give them the full picture of the company and what it would be like to work there.

Cons

It seems to be more difficult to advance in the company if you aren't open to moving often, both to different positions and locations.

75 Other Employee Reviews for Phillips 66 (View Most Recent)

No upward mobility and slow pay increases.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sweeny, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sweeny, TX

I have been working at Phillips 66 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work a 9-80 schedule although not during outages.

Cons

Work long hours during outages with no more pay. They really don't care about your personal life and believe you should be at work 24 hours a day if needed. Safety is also not a priority and just care about the bottom dollar.

Pay for long hours during turnarounds.

Career advancement & great company culture

I have been working at Phillips 66 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company and I share similar values. Their dedication to safety is unmatched. They believe in doing the right thing always and standing by their committments. There is great opportunity for career and competency development for individuals interested in learning more and experiencing new roles. The company believes in cross-development training and assignments, and more frequently than not I run into individuals who have been with company 5+, 10+, and even 40+ years with the organization. With a company this size, individuals can learn and redefine themselves in multiple roles throughout the lifetime of their career, without ever having to go to a new firm.

Cons

Phillips 66 is a larger organization so sometimes you aren't aware of all the possibilities within the organization. It takes some time to network and learn the different aspects of the business and all the moving pieces that make up a Fortune 5 company.

Continue to exemplify the values Phillips 66 stands for. The level of communication and transparency with your employees is appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Phillips 66