Overall good experience

I have been working at Phoenix House full-time

Pros

Initially there was a lack of support from my immediate supervisor, however when my work was noticed by someone in upper management, I felt more support from my boss. The NY Region seems professional. time off is average for a non profit and the training is decent but lacks time to do it.

Cons

Very long hours - 55 - 60 with no comp time and no overtime for managers - so for managers it feels like you are every department - HR, training, IT, Counseling, Quality..... can lead to burn out. I think there were so many demands and some who do you know type politics

Advice to Management

Offer comp time. Promote from within and support employees who demonstrate commitment to the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Striving, struggling organization.

Current Employee - === in Citra, FL
    Current Employee - === in Citra, FL

I have been working at Phoenix House full-time

Pros

Great training ground for clinicians. Organization has gone in recent years to a focus on evidence-based practices and hiring clinical staff with advanced credentials. Those who are motivated by concern for clients are attracted to the available jobs. Clients receive good services. Senior staff care about the success of junior staff. Directors care about quality of care. Promotion from within is emphasized.

Cons

Poor compensation for non-counselors. OK compensation for counselors entering the field. Decent compensation for new employees generally, but poor for those who have worked there for years. New entrants make more than those who have chosen to remain employed there, regardless of performance. Raises are infrequent.

Advice to Management

Piling on work results in burnout and loss of employee loyalty. Not appropriately compensating those who have demonstrated loyalty makes a difference in attitude and performance. Those who have remained employed there despite this may, indeed, display that they have options.

Needs a change in management!

I have been working at Phoenix House full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees are great, non profit organization, community focused,

Cons

No opportunity for career advancement or promotions, poor compensation, employees have not received raises for many years, management is terrible, high turnover rate of employees, employee appreciation/recognition is poor.

Advice to Management

Show some appreciation for your employees, including better compensation.