Physician Weight Loss Centers
www.pwlc.com Opelika, AL 1 to 5 Employees

It's all about the money

Medical Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Physician Weight Loss Centers part-time for more than a year

ProsFree range with how one runs their office or medical area since there's usually minimal management. Get to meet many new people.

ConsDoes not adhere to any sort of medical standard unless they can get fiscally penalized for it, the physician on staff is questionable and it's one hair brained money-making scheme after the other. Small hourly wage with miniscule commission from sales of programs or products. A lot of pressure to drive sales, calling people to the point harassment, and poor spending habits on the companies part (i.e. office supplies). There is no formal way of determining who gets the next sales pitch and co-worksers fight each other tooth-and-nail for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs opposed to concocting another scam, listen to the counselors and medical assistants who actually work with the clients to determine where to make more money. Statistics is great, but mathematics is still not a quantifiable replacement for basic observation skills when determining human behavior. Also, take into consideration of the fiscal situation most people are in, and understand that adjustments towards prices need to be made to grow a larger customer base.

I enjoyed interacting with patience there.

Medical Assistant (Former Employee)
Fairview Park, OH

I worked at Physician Weight Loss Centers as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I had lots of experience there. Cons: They weren't hiring. I enjoy phlebotomy better. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Owner

Owner (Current Employee)

I have been working at Physician Weight Loss Centers part-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Helping others lose their weight and reaching their goals. Cons: Business is related to the economy. More

There are newer reviews on Physician Weight Loss Centers.

Worked for Physician Weight Loss Centers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Physician Weight Loss Centers reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Physician Weight Loss Centers employees.