Physicians Mutual Insurance

There are newer employer reviews for Physicians Mutual Insurance

Best in current market

Current Employee - Agent  in  Lafayette, LA
Current Employee - Agent in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Physicians Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

you don't have to look over your shoulder sceptical of the company. home office and division office are dependable

Cons

no renewals on rate increases. unnecessary voluminous paper work with applications

listen to the field more, and stop discrimination toward agents

27 Other Employee Reviews for Physicians Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

Physicians Mutual Family for all

Current Employee - Agent  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Agent in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Physicians Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Taking the time to educate seniors about Medicare and being able to help people with their health coverage.

Cons

Clientele are limited to turning 65 yr olds

Provide better commission statements

Great Support

Current Employee - Agent  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Agent in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Physicians Mutual Insurance

Pros

I started with Physicians Mutual after a very difficult time working for a broker, as a start to my insurance career. The regional office where I work out of is a great environment and the management is fantastic. The office manager is an extremely honest and genuine guy, with great character and he has never failed to be supportive. The "regional" managers are just as supportive and committed to their jobs. There is a lot of support within the office and its agents, as many people share their difficulties, successes, industry changes, and competitive research. If someone is looking for a insurance company that doesn't feel gimmicky, or seem like just a bunch of hype, then I would recommend Physicians Mutual. Their medicare supplements are competitive, though often priced higher than competition, but I would consider myself an idealist, and drank the ethical "kool-aid". Also it is a very strong company financially, which you will learn very soon if you decided to work with them. Great organization, especially locally.

Cons

As a non-captive agent, you have downsides and upsides. Upside being that you have credibility as being an agent that can sell any companies product, but do so because Physicians Mutual is a strong company. Also, it does allow you to sell other products that do not compete with Physician's products, (some honesty required here). DOWNSIDES: you have no benefits, and Physicians Mutual can be a tough sell, but because it is a superior product that does not compete on price. It is 100% commission, which can be a big downside if you find yourself struggling or distracted by other things (looking for a new job for instance)

Keep it up. at least in Columbus

There are newer employer reviews for Physicians Mutual Insurance

Worked for Physicians Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!