There are newer employer reviews for Physicians United Plan

Great company. Great people.

Former Employee - Coordinator In Operations in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Coordinator In Operations in Orlando, FL

I worked at Physicians United Plan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and management cares about you as a person. Great facility and technology is awesome. Great family picnics. Gym & cafeteria onsite. Free drinks.

Cons

Low compensation and strict monitoring of daily productivity. Too much gossip within departments. Not enough training to develop additional skills.

Train people to learn new skills.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Physicians United Plan (View Most Recent)

PUP scammed insurance agents out of promised commissions

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Miami, FL

I worked at Physicians United Plan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

PUP has a good Medicare Advantage plan for seniors in Florida. Most clients I have are happy with the benefits they receive.

Cons

"Hurry up and sign up as captive agent" for 2014 open enrollment starting Oct 15. South Florida agents, through Florida Marketing Organization, were given small base salary and told all commissions for open enrollment would be paid third week of January 2014 which is about standard for Medicare Advantage plans. We were told not to mention salary to central Florida agents because they were not receiving any--1st warning sign of something not right. We went along, doing seminars and sales. Week before Thanksgiving, most agents kicked off salary because we did not sell quota(which we were never told about-2nd warning sign.) OK, fine. I sent emails to managers/supervisors during holidays and NEVER got a reply. Then Friday 1/3/14, we got an email saying we were not going to get our lump sum commissions the 3rd week of January. We would now be paid our commissions spread out throughout the year because it would be "better" for us and we would not be hit with chargebacks. Better for PUP it should say. Most agents I know made plans for the new year based on the lump sum income from these commissions-me inluded. This change did not happen overnight....this was planned from the beginning. I imagine the Florida Department of Insurance will be hearing about this.

Try honesty. The plan is good for seniors and it could grow tremendously without you scamming agents to work for you and then change payments at last minute. With this one change, you have promoted more ill-will with agents that will give you a poor reputation for years to come....and you deserve it.

Used...

Current Employee - Anonymous Accountant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Accountant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Physicians United Plan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has great potential

Cons

Unfortunately that potential may never be realized because management insist on running the business like a social club and by the seat of their pants.

1. Hire the right person for the job, pay them right and then LET THEM DO THEIR JOB.
    2. Remove the revolving door and INVEST IN YOUR PEOPLE…THINK RETENTION OF TALENT.
    3. Read Good to Great and Built to Last…if you insist on holding yourselves out to being "good people building a great company".
    3. Get beyond mere compliance
    4. Develop a trained TALENT ACQUISITION TEAM AND STOP TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT PEOPLE BY TRIAL AND ERROR.

There are newer employer reviews for Physicians United Plan