There are newer employer reviews for Physiotherapy Associates

You try to go the extra mile, but just wind up running on empty.

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

It is not inherent to the company, but some of the clinicians are the most dedicated, honest and trustworthy colleagues I have ever met. They truly hold integrity and patient care at a premium.

Cons

The golden rule seems to be quantity over quality. There is an emphasis on getting visit numbers and charges at a peak when it means face-to-face time is secondary and patients are left out of touch with their clinicians. Marketing seems to take priority over ethical, high-quality care of patients.

Mixed messages among management are common, whether coming from multiple sources or just one. Consistency of care suffers when patient handoffs are poorly handled, usually from a failure to communicate or properly document therapeutic procedures.

The prevailing attitude among many staff members is along the lines of "that's not MY job/problem." So higher expectations are placed on those members actually willing to do a job to completion. Laziness and forgetfulness are acknowledged and ignored.

There is no motivation to excel or generate new ideas or do anything besides go through the motions and take care of your own patient population. Good ideas are stifled and replaced with clinically irrelevant chores. Expending effort only leads to frustration and feeling burned out.

Reward therapists for consistent and quality care, not just raw numbers (visits, charges, etc.). Standardize and UPDATE marketing practices for creating and maintaining strong communication with referring physicians.

There is no incentive to move up, and subordinates are less willing to support superiors when they are being dumped on.

88 Other Employee Reviews for Physiotherapy Associates (View Most Recent)

incompetence rules

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

Top Notch at the Clinic level
    OK at Mid Management level

Cons

Lost Cause at Senior Management level
    Change the rules as they go to suit their needs
    Incompetence rules AR

Needs to be a company for PTs, by PTs in order to truly become an "Employer of Choice"

Terrible and getting worse.

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

The environment that we have created in our clinic and the care we provide to our patients keeps me here.

Cons

Every review written thus far is completely valid. The CEO and CFO have driven this company into the ground. They treat employees like uneducated, expendable, minimum wage workers. We are a healthcare business. We serve people. We are not a retail sales business and we are not a factory that produces parts. Our clinicians are highly educated and skilled. Apparently our highest levels of management, CEO and CFO included, have forgotten that the only reason they have a job is because of the skill and dedication of the clinicians who treat the patients that come to our clinics. We have not received raises, we have not received 401K matches, the increased cost of benefits falls on the employees, and the newest "profit sharing" plan is anything but that. The company is quite profitable, but that profit is not shared unless the unrealistic metrics imposed by the CEO and CFO are met. Those metrics change every 6-9 months. Clinics do not even operate on the actual net revenue that they produce. They are assigned an arbitrary value to each visit and their "net revenue" and "profit" is calculated based on those fake values. Initially, this was a temporary solution to help the company outsource its A/R. It has since, become the standard. I see the reimbursement checks that are sent on to our payment centers and the net revenue/visit often exceeds what the clinic is credited with. There are no plans to reconcile the actual net revenue generated by each clinic against the arbitray "net values" assigned to each clinics' visits. A great deal of manipulated accounting is going on and imagine the surprise of clinicians in the field when it was determined by an "outside audit" that corporate was assigning low net revenue values to its clinics' visits.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is if you are looking for a decent company to work for....keep looking, especially if you are a clinician.

Fire the CEO and CFO or please sell us.....soon!!

There are newer employer reviews for Physiotherapy Associates