Picaboo

www.picaboo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Picaboo

Avoid this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Picaboo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee! They work really hard, they treat Picaboo like their own company and everyone tries to go over and beyond for customers and coworkers.

Cons

Co - CEOs. It's a joke. They have no idea what they are doing. They have no experience. They encourage the environment of gossiping, favoritism, firing anyone who do not agree with them. They should get award for micro managers. It's a toxic environment. Run before you interview.

Listen to the talent you hire. Stop treating employees like slave and peons. Stop micro managing. Learn to lead and manage people and treat everyone like human.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Picaboo (View Most Recent)

Beware Customer Service, Otherwise Go For It

Former Employee - Customer Care in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Care in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Picaboo (less than an year)

Pros

Progressive, dynamic environment, great business structure and amazing owners/upper management. Accommodating and considerate human resources. Decent starting pay for lower level positions (but no raises to speak of), benefits, and relatively flexible scheduling. Nice location and generally fun environment (if you like playing games with your co-workers, you'll like it here).

Cons

A very experimental/start up vibe for a company which is not a start up any longer. The biggest con is that it's difficult to move up within the company if you start at bottom tiers, unless you are a tech wiz or have marketing/business experience and a degree from a reputable college. That said, I've known people they place in supervisory or lead positions in customer service who lack the education and/or experience to be great leaders (being assertive and bullish does not a great manager make!).

The environment can also be extremely stressful if you decide to work in their customer service. Expect mandatory overtime and working through all holidays without much in terms of a raise (but you get OT and they'll say that's a perk). Also, you won't learn much that you can take with you to another job - it's essentially a call center.

Two years of growth and experiences

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Picaboo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. The people. It's natural for start-ups to feel like a family, and I built relationships with a few individuals that I will cherish forever.
    2. The product. There is something awesome about working for a company that creates lasting memories for people everywhere.
    3. The growth. I really did grow a lot at my time at Picaboo. Not only as a person but in my role. I got thrown so many different things and really had to think on my feet.

Cons

Overall, my experience at Picaboo was neutral. There were a lot hurdles I had to go through, but without those I wouldn't have gained my experience. Also to note is that the Company has (2) CEO's with one of them remote, Sometimes this can be challenging because in the time I was there they switched responsibilities 3 times. Growth was a challenge even though I listed it has a Pro. I was promoted within a year in my role, but didn't see much after that; there really isn't a growth path built for employees which is why I decided to leave.

Decide on a org chart and responsibilities and stick to it, switching these things around can cause confusion and will lead to frustration amongst the team. Have the remote team come to the main office more often, this creates a better work culture and unity within the team. Get advice from the ENTIRE team, rather than those who sit on top, you'd be surprised on what ideas they have and how they can grow the business. Lastly, don't make promises you can't keep, if you say things are going to change, then change them. If not, you will create resentment throughout the whole team and you will lose great people.

There are newer employer reviews for Picaboo