Picarro

www.picarro.com

Expect to work your ass off!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

I believe in the product. Employees are the the best and smartest. Employees are all very nice! Work hard play hard atmosphere.

Cons

Micromanagement by CEO, expect to work very long hours, need better management. For every month you work here it actually feels like you worked 3.

CEO needs to manage company not employees. Management needs to manage, inspire and mentor employees. Before demanding extreme performance from employees actually develop some real processes.

Other reviews for Picarro

It paid the bills.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The company has an innovative technology that places them ahead of their closest competition. It isn't afraid to take risks.

Cons

Those directly involved in manufacturing or operations are treated like second class employees. It's appalIing that we access our emails in the cafeteria when there is plenty of space for a bull pen area. I knew something was amiss when after completing a 60+ hour workweek at the end of the quarter, I was asked to come in on the following Saturday to "get a head start on the next quarter". There is no opportunity for career development or advancement, it wouldn't make sense to disrupt operations if people are moved to new roles and responsibilities. Picarro does not hesitate to remind its employees that California is an "at will" employment state. I just couldn't couldn't continue working for a company that uses fear as a method of control over its employees.

I know that companies hold the cards due to the economy, but the compensation package was downright insulting for someone with my educational background and work history.

Your employees are your most important asset, but you seem to have forgotten that with your obsession with the bottom line. How do you think the bottom line is going to look if more employees leave? The economy can't stay bad forever, caveat emptor.

Management by fear and intimidation. Poor pay. Worthless stock options.

Pros

Fascinating technology. Super cool customers - some of the world's best scientists. A real chance to use technology to solve some of the world's big problems.

Cons

Management is extremely micro-management oriented. Public dressings down are common. Compensation is about 40% below market rates. Resources are rarely allocated. Options are incredibly diluted so are all but worthless. Also, true size of option pool is obscured due to the numerous funding rounds and management turnover.

Value employees more highly. Pay more. Issue fair options packages. Encourage career advancement. Don't yell at anyone - ever.

There are newer employer reviews for Picarro.

Worked for Picarro? Contribute to the Community!