There are newer employer reviews for Picture Me Portrait Studios

Not the best place

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Fayetteville, NC
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Picture Me Portrait Studios part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working with kids, the (few) pleasant people, gaining experience, flexible schedule

Cons

money hungry company, slow, not much business, gets boring when no body comes in to take pictures, upset customers (almost constantly),

Keep your employees INFORMED so that we can make sure our CUSTOMERS are happy and satisfied and actually come back! Don't leave your employees in the dark. Also, hire managers who will actually pick up a phone call regarding customers!

reviews filtered by
  1. Forgot about employee

Former Employee - Studio Associate
    Former Employee - Studio Associate

I worked at Picture Me Portrait Studios part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I first started working her in 2009, I have NO complaints. I LOVED my job and my co-workers. Everyone knew their responsibilities and of course we had a goal to meet in sales but it wasn't the main focus.. the pictures were.
    I moved away and came back to the same studio in 2011. The manager was very childish and left her responsibilities of the manager to us associates. Later she left and our district manager refused to hire a new manager for the studio for months. I went on maternity leave and came back and we finally had a manager but she had no clue what she was doing. Our open hours were cut so the manager only gave me one 4 hour shift a month!... the day before I was scheduled to work I stopped by the studio to double check I was supposed to work and there was strangers behind the counter not knowing who I was! I was told they would get in contact with me for went I would be scheduled to work again... went back in not long after and was told the studio was closing and that day was the last day it would be open.

Pros - fond memories from working there in 2009.
    the regular customers.
    working with kids
    being able to get creative

Cons

The company doesn't seem to care about the employees (again I was forgotten about even though I had worked there on and off for almost 4 years!).
    The pay.
    Management doesn't help... we needed a new trip cord for almost a year. We kept asking our district manager to help us but we never did get one (until a month before we closed)
    poor training (again in 2009 everything was great, my initial training was good but when I returned everything was just thrown at us and we were expected to know what to do with it)
    SAS

Do your job! Go the studios and see what is going on, you need to see things on our level. AND don't forget about your hourly employees!

2. Worst job I've ever had

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Picture Me Portrait Studios part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Gain experience with working with kids

Cons

Business is money hungry & doesn't care about the quality of photos.
    Doesn't use actual professional photography techniques.

Take more time in training your employees to get an actual good photo and maybe your sales will be better.
    Train managers to treat their studio workers with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Picture Me Portrait Studios