There are newer employer reviews for Piedmont Healthcare

I enjoy working at piedmont because the job is very interesting and I feel like I directly influence the quality of care

Current Employee - Great Place to Work and Grow In Your Career in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Great Place to Work and Grow In Your Career in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

- Interesting work
- Career growth and training offered
- Supportive management in most cases
- Good work life balance
- Reasonable pay and it's nice to get a small bonus at the end of the year

Cons

- PTO policy is not that good and misleading when you are hired
- Not many "extra" benefits
- Medical benefits are not that great for this to be a hospital. You would think they would be better.
- Too many old timers in IT have too much control. It gets to the point where you cant do you job efficienty because of all the restrictions IT has in place.

Advice to Management

I was disappointed to hear our CTO say that IT was "an expense" and needed to be kept under control. I agree with cost controls, but as an IT person, I get tired of the "IT is just an expense" mantra. We provide valuable services that make EVERYONE's work much easier and much more efficient. I automate things all the time that would take an FTE to do manually, so my work should be considered as cost-savings and not as an expense.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Work experience here varies a lot depending on unit and job title

Current Employee - Clinical Partner in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Clinical Partner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

Reputation is #1. Highly recognized for excellence in Atlanta.
    Location, free parking, and food. When the main cafe is closed, you also have a basement cafe open til 2 am.
    Some units work as a team and are very patient-centered

Cons

Clinical Manager on my unit isn't very helpful or personable and there is a lack of communication between clinical manager, unit manager, and staff
    Assigned tasks constantly change and don't always fit into the unpredictable patient load from day to night as a tech
    Very impersonal employee performance review - sent to you via email to sign with no face-to-face input or talk about performance
    Lack of help with some RNs and Techs with younger staff

Advice to Management

Actually get to know your employees. Sit down and talk to them about performance like most places. Be consistent. Give praise when it's due. COMMUNICATE.

2. Cutting Edge of Healthcare

Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

Piedmont Hospital is a very family oriented employer that serves to challenge its employees, but provides a great deal of support among staff members.

Cons

My main reason for leaving Piedmont Hospital was the commute. The Institution is in a prime location for patient access and care, but difficult to drive two hours a day to work there.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to patients, families, and employees while providing excellent healthcare in the Metro Atlanta area.