There are newer employer reviews for Piedmont Healthcare

Very Very Sad, but I can no longer recommend Piedmont as a good place to work.....

Current Employee - Technical Patient Care in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Technical Patient Care in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In my area, I have great hard working co-workers .They give our patients caring quality healthcare despite being understaffed and disrespected by a seemingly uncaring Director. I understand Management needs good patient satisfaction numbers, but often their own policies end up with the opposite effect. Wake up and actually smell the coffee. Practice what you preach****

Cons

A Director should show respect for workers, not contempt. We are not just interchangeable "spark plugs". Management is high on patient satisfaction, as demonstrated by endless patient satisfaction surveys. After the layoffs of 2011, there were rumors of large CEO Bonuses $$$$$$$$$$$$$. paid out, while loyal workers lost their jobs. If you want a loyal employer for your future , make sure management values match your own.

Advice to Management

Encourage loyal (long term) full time employees to stay on part-time if they wish, instead of being pushed out the door to save on benefits. Years ago my Director respected her employees and rewarded our loyalty. Today, we are understaffed and disrespected in some of the most ridiculous ways imaginable. Most of my co-workers feel as I do and it's truly a shame. If this attitude doesn't improve hospital workers will have no choice but to UNIONIZE. Management at Piedmont probably spent a fortune on the new Piedmont LOGO, which n my opinion is a orange & yellow design nightmare. Meanwhile Piedmont is still expanding, insisting we work harder with fewer co-workers. Piedmont does conduct employee satisfaction surveys, and upper management is one of the groups with the highest opinion of Piedmont. If Management would actually make a few changes suggested by the employees that actually care for patients, if would be a very welcome change for the better....

Other Employee Reviews for Piedmont Healthcare

1. Piedmont has been by far the fairest and most caring place to work for in my career, it's like home.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've never worked anywhere that went above and beyond the norm to provide such fair and equitable treatment of their staff compared to what I've experienced at Piedmont Healthcare. I honestly feel that an enormous amount of time, work and expense has gone into rewards programs for all levels of employees, with support from the highest levels of leadership. Strategies that impact employees as well as patient care are not taken lightly or without extreme diligence, our patient's care and needs have always been first and foremost. I have received excellent care at Piedmont when I've needed it, and so have my family members.

Cons

There are always challenges when you are in growth-mode, but expansion is much better than the alternative, and necessary to survive in this ever-changing industry. I wouldn't care to work for a system that is satisfied with status-quo, or worse, declining.

Advice to Management

Keep rounding and listening, our employees will provide you with good feedback and will not let you down.

Eh

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Piedmont Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Competitive salary, plenty of OT

Cons

-Understaffed everyday. -Distant management/out of touch -Only saw manager a few times within a year time -Left late everyday due to lack of staff

Advice to Management

-Invest in places that relate directly with patient care i.e. nurses, MD's, CPs. -Staff are human too..you can't expect them to work more and longer for the same pay AND give the same results. Hire more nurses!!!!