Piedmont Healthcare

Cutting Edge of Healthcare

Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

Piedmont Hospital is a very family oriented employer that serves to challenge its employees, but provides a great deal of support among staff members.

Cons

My main reason for leaving Piedmont Hospital was the commute. The Institution is in a prime location for patient access and care, but difficult to drive two hours a day to work there.

Continue to listen to patients, families, and employees while providing excellent healthcare in the Metro Atlanta area.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Piedmont Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Better before the current CEO came

Current Employee - Degreed Professional in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Degreed Professional in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

Coworkers and rapport, generally reasonable expectations regarding work to be done. Overall atmosphere of contentment among most departments. Piedmont has a great medical staff, making it a place to be proud to say you work there.

Cons

I've been there a LONG time. Communication from management to staff who are expected to do the job is terrible. I've learned over time this is not just within my department, but across many departments to the point we joke it is a Piedmont philosophy (to not communicate changes). It's almost as if nobody wants to inform staff because they might change their mind, and it creates a situation where people within the departments may be doing things all sorts of different ways because of lack of direction.

See "Cons". If you want to make the place more efficiently run, let the staff know when changes are made and changes in procedures. I hear the patient satisfaction surveys were eliminated with the new CEO. He may be trying to cut costs, but if the patients don't recommend Piedmont to others, the institution will die. Patient satisfaction in essential and should be the driving force. It doesn't seem to be the emphasis the current CEO has. Tim Stack is no longer the CEO (to next question)

Why work at Piedmont?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

Great benefits, service recognition, great employee attitude as a general rule.

Cons

Piedmont used to be a great place to work. As time moves on, and more layers of senior level staff is created, and more gaps in the working groups, the feeling of belonging to a great family has dissipated. Also, forget reporting anything to compliance. It is not kept confidential, and you will be retaliated against.

Speak what you mean, and mean what you speak. Stop the double talk. Quit adding VP;s with not direct reports, and stop eliminating positions in order to add more upper layers.

There are newer employer reviews for Piedmont Healthcare