Piedmont Healthcare

www.piedmont.org
  www.piedmont.org
There are newer employer reviews for Piedmont Healthcare

Work experience here varies a lot depending on unit and job title

Current Employee - Clinical Partner in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Clinical Partner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

Reputation is #1. Highly recognized for excellence in Atlanta.
Location, free parking, and food. When the main cafe is closed, you also have a basement cafe open til 2 am.
Some units work as a team and are very patient-centered

Cons

Clinical Manager on my unit isn't very helpful or personable and there is a lack of communication between clinical manager, unit manager, and staff
Assigned tasks constantly change and don't always fit into the unpredictable patient load from day to night as a tech
Very impersonal employee performance review - sent to you via email to sign with no face-to-face input or talk about performance
Lack of help with some RNs and Techs with younger staff

Actually get to know your employees. Sit down and talk to them about performance like most places. Be consistent. Give praise when it's due. COMMUNICATE.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Piedmont Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Cutting Edge of Healthcare

Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

Piedmont Hospital is a very family oriented employer that serves to challenge its employees, but provides a great deal of support among staff members.

Cons

My main reason for leaving Piedmont Hospital was the commute. The Institution is in a prime location for patient access and care, but difficult to drive two hours a day to work there.

Continue to listen to patients, families, and employees while providing excellent healthcare in the Metro Atlanta area.

Better before the current CEO came

Current Employee - Degreed Professional in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Degreed Professional in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

Coworkers and rapport, generally reasonable expectations regarding work to be done. Overall atmosphere of contentment among most departments. Piedmont has a great medical staff, making it a place to be proud to say you work there.

Cons

I've been there a LONG time. Communication from management to staff who are expected to do the job is terrible. I've learned over time this is not just within my department, but across many departments to the point we joke it is a Piedmont philosophy (to not communicate changes). It's almost as if nobody wants to inform staff because they might change their mind, and it creates a situation where people within the departments may be doing things all sorts of different ways because of lack of direction.

See "Cons". If you want to make the place more efficiently run, let the staff know when changes are made and changes in procedures. I hear the patient satisfaction surveys were eliminated with the new CEO. He may be trying to cut costs, but if the patients don't recommend Piedmont to others, the institution will die. Patient satisfaction in essential and should be the driving force. It doesn't seem to be the emphasis the current CEO has. Tim Stack is no longer the CEO (to next question)

There are newer employer reviews for Piedmont Healthcare