A great company to work for.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Piedmont Natural Gas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits package is, for the most part, highly satisfying in comparison to other businesses in the area.

Cons

This is a negative of the benefits package The company was Inconsistent in the process of determining the level of further education they would pay for. (see more in next box)

Be consistent in the way that you provide assistance for employees to further their education. When an employee already has a bachelors degree that had they already obtained on their own but is not in a supervisory position, pay for their masters degree now so that they can move up. Disallowing the masters level educational benefit to any position below supervisors makes it difficult for employees to move up. I know of one person that was not in a supervisory position and the company paid for her masters degree anyway. She was able to move up in the company and has done very well.

Other Reviews for Piedmont Natural Gas

good place to work, better than most ,but is slowly going the wrong way!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  High Point, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

I have been working at Piedmont Natural Gas

Pros

money is fair and benifits are pretty good but again, these things are changing also. people trying to justify their jobs in corp.

Cons

just let the workers do what they are trained to do! always something is going on to upset the apple cart. change,change, change, maybe something needs to change at corp office!!! no one trust our leadership!!!

to many changes to fast! you about cant any work done because of the diffrent classes, programs, and all the changes that we are trying to get use too. Piedmont waste so much money on all the feels like GAMES that they play. i like it there but its a place of nonforgiveness. everyone is scare of what the next change is and it affects peoples lives!! people are tring to do the best job they can , but its in the back of everyones mind of just being let go over things that can be small issues! this is not the perfect world .

Piedmont Natural Gas is a good company to work for! There are many that would like to work for PNG.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burlington, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

I have been working at Piedmont Natural Gas

Pros

PNG is interested in their employees and offers a comprehensive Wellness Program. It starts with the employee and allows us to take care of ourselves and that allows us to give to our families and to our workplace. PNG also provides us additional days off the job for participating in Wellness initiatives. It is a win-win situation for both the employee and the company. Each year this program continues to get better! I am excited for the changes we have to look forward to in 2011.

Cons

There is very little movement within the district I work, thus allowing hardly no opportunity for growth or promotion. The company supports continued education and once you reach your educational goal, that doesn't necessarily mean you will reap the benefits of one's hard work with a promotion. Because there is no job openings and hardling no new jobs created, you find yourself remaining in the same job as well as continuing to do the same job.

Continue with the program of removing those that compain and are not engaged with PNG's core values. Those with 30+ years of service are many times the ones that find it hard to change. I recognize their experience, but today our job duties and responsibilities have been realigned and no longer are the same so everyone is begining at square one. Gone are the days of loyalty to the employees. Just offer packages that will reward them well for their many years of dedicated service.

There are newer employer reviews for Piedmont Natural Gas.

Worked for Piedmont Natural Gas? Contribute to the Community!