Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

The culture is incredibly positive and the people are amazing.

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

There is an emphasis on work life.
The company is currently growing which provides the opportunity for mobility with positions.
There is focus on developing talent within the company. We are rewarded for our hard work.
Management keeps in contact with their direct reports to stay in the loop and provide guidance.
Management keeps us in the loop about what is going on within the company outside of our department.
I love working for Pier 1 Imports.

Cons

The vacation policy needs to be reworked.

665 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

excellence career training

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

great work environment. great fellow co-managers and great sales staff..

Cons

unloading freight.
    set displays with no product.

apply for ' under-cover boos.. and see the reality of the store management teams.

Advancement is based on politics, "yes" men and basically corporate slavery.

Former Employee - Covered All Positions From Associate to Store Manager
    Former Employee - Covered All Positions From Associate to Store Manager

I worked at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

-Through the years I learned what I will stand for and what I will tolerate as an associate.

Cons

- Their compass states that they do not tolerate politics. It is far from the truth.
    - Management expects you to give them the answers they want to hear, not what is really happening on the sales floor. If you do, you are considered a "complainer" and pushed out of the company as fast as they can by reprimanding you on behaviors.
    - Upper management for the most part has NOT worked in a store whatsoever and really have no clue what the true challenges managers and associates are faced with everyday.

- Some retail and other companies require upper management to work in the field on a regular bases so they can understand and improve what the reality is on the sales floor.
    - Listen to your associates and management teams with open minds.

- If all you expect from your subordinates is what you want to hear, your results will never reach the levels that you want to reach. Listen to everything, whether you like it or not.....if you hear it on a regular basis....it's probably a problem that needs to be addressed.

As for the approval of the CEO Alex...I do have to rate him the top of his game. The company has done a turnaround like never before in retail. Its middle management that needs to really improve on how they treat the associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports