Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
  www.pier1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

The culture is incredibly positive and the people are amazing.

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

There is an emphasis on work life.
The company is currently growing which provides the opportunity for mobility with positions.
There is focus on developing talent within the company. We are rewarded for our hard work.
Management keeps in contact with their direct reports to stay in the loop and provide guidance.
Management keeps us in the loop about what is going on within the company outside of our department.
I love working for Pier 1 Imports.

Cons

The vacation policy needs to be reworked.

629 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Horrible Hours and Horrible Management

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The employee discount could be on top of sale items.

Cons

-Poor hours (no hours to give, but manager hired more staff all the time)
    -If you get hurt on the job they won't compensate you (especially if your manager doesn't fill out the right paper work)
    -Focused selling of the credit card (customers didn't like the constant pushiness)
    -Management was pushy about selling the credit card and constantly coaching to make sure you sell the card
    -Gossip environment (if the manager or Sales Lead didn't like you you didn't get very many hours)
    -Product knowledge was overwhelming
    -Instead of getting scolded in the back in a professional manner, management would berate and scold on the floor in front of customers (watched one of the female employees suffer this, several customers saw and afterward started whispering to myself and the female employee that management was bad and shouldn't have done that)
    -Poor wage (not enough money to pay bills and it didn't seem like enough for the amount of work the Sales Team did every day)
    -No room for moving up in the company

We understand customer service and to make sure we are selling credit cards and merchandise, but perhaps you should make sure your employees are taken care of, or that management is doing a proper job in taking care of your Sales Associates. Your Sales Associates are people too and deserve to be treated as such. Also your managers should be professional and learn to leave their personal baggage at the door instead of inflicting it on the Associates or Assistant Managers.
    Also selling a credit card in this economy is a lousy idea. Perhaps instead of selling a credit card you should offer a loyalty program. It sounds better and customers like it more than asking for their information and explaining that it is in fact a credit card we are selling them.
    As for the compensation of getting hurt on the job; not everyone has health insurance and getting hurt on the job is expensive. The fact that the management team didn't do anything or even try to help get compensation back was a huge no-no in many people's books. Trust that I do not recommend the company to anyone.

excellence career training

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

great work environment. great fellow co-managers and great sales staff..

Cons

unloading freight.
    set displays with no product.

apply for ' under-cover boos.. and see the reality of the store management teams.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports