Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com

Worst Job Ever

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsIts a smaller store than say Wal-Mart or Target, so its easier to build connections with customers and have fun with a lot of the regulars who come in. Team members are generally friendly and easy to work with. Merchandise discount is generous.

ConsCompensation is pitiful and the workload is heavy. There were several occasions when I had to unload a truckload of merchandise by myself. I think it was actually against company policy for me to do that, but managers tend to pick and choose which rules they adhere to and which are okay to just cast aside. There is an obscene amount of pressure on associates to open credit cards, all while expecting them to watch an entire sales floor with maybe one or two other people for backup. Every customer is supposed to be greeted, shown a new product, checked back on while shopping , offered the rewards card 3 times, and given a reason to return. Despite making my sales goals and having a standing reputation as the most reliable person on schedule I still recieved only "Average" marks on my perfomance reviews, which was probably done so that they could avoid giving me a raise. After working there for 4 years I was making about $7.82 an hour. Everyone I worked with said it was the worst job they ever had. Do yourself a favor and look for work in a better place where you will be paid what you are worth and treated with respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not going to make it another 50 years if you keep things running things the way you do now. Your positions need to pay better and offer more benefits to employees. Also, all levels of management should be held responsible for their actions instead of making scapegoats of lower rung workers.

Pier !

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for less than a year

Pros: Good people and atmosphere within the company Cons: Periods of down time and inactivity cause the job to… Advice to Senior Management: Get Some Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

You can do better than Pier 1 Imports.

Sales Leader (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros: Most of the staff are friendly people to work with Cons: Low pay, micro managed, company expects the world of the employees, but refuse to… Advice to Senior Management: It may be helpful for the managers to stop focusing on the negative i.e. (we did not make our number for the last hr.) and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!