There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Unfair Regional Mgt.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Gilbert, AZ
Former Employee - Store Manager in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great product. Fun store team.

Cons

Unfair Regional Manager. RM played favorites and rather inexperienced.

Better selection of management.

564 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Typical retail job but worse

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Paso Robles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

The customers were great, always happy and glad to be there spending their money, easy sales. Employee discount was awesome, 25%!

Cons

Funky hours, never got two days off in a row. The Flex schedules were the worst. Management would schedule your shift for the day then you would have a flex shift before or after your normal shift where they could call you in early or keep you later depending on the needs of the business. Absolutely no regard for the employees personal schedule. Unrealistic sales goals and when they were met there was absolutely no compensation for them. My title was a Sales Associate. Most employees who have the word Sales in their title get paid commission. Not at the One, no commission, no bonus, nothing. Pay was minimal at best. I was there for over a year and got a 9 cent raise. Everyone else's raises were about the same or less. The Assistant Store Manager who had been there for 8 yrs got a 13 cent raise! Total disregard for employee's safety. Climbing 12ft (and sometimes higher) ladders to get products off the higher shelves in the stock room, lifting and moving heavy pieces of furniture without the proper safety equipment. I could go on and on. I'm surprised no one has broken their neck!

Bonus your Sales Associates and Sales Leaders or meeting store and company goals. Pier One Bucks at Christmas time just doesn't cut it. Give Assistant Store Managers and Sales Leaders two days off in a row to regroup so they will be more productive when they come back to work. Get rid of the Flex schedule!!!! Totally unnecessary, ask for volunteers or just schedule a shift.

Can be fun to work there, but don't make a career out of it!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Ypsilanti, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ypsilanti, MI

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Interesting merchandise, can be fun at times, not too many grumpy customers

Cons

constantly harassed about selling Pier 1 card, although they took away most of the benefits that helped sell it in the first place. Raises are joke, and you hardly get any hours. We had a horrible store manager & it took HR almost a year to start investigating.

Hire some full time associates instead all students. Full time people will know what they are doing, and they usually give better customer service.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!