Pier 1 Imports
www.pier1.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

Can be fun to work there, but don't make a career out of it!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Ypsilanti, MI

ProsInteresting merchandise, can be fun at times, not too many grumpy customers

Consconstantly harassed about selling Pier 1 card, although they took away most of the benefits that helped sell it in the first place. Raises are joke, and you hardly get any hours. We had a horrible store manager & it took HR almost a year to start investigating.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some full time associates instead all students. Full time people will know what they are doing, and they usually give better customer service.

Expect nothing from Pier One Imports

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good for anyone that only want to work a few… Cons: No benefits for employees except a few vacation hours if average over 20 hours a week. Most associates are limited status, under 12 hours a… Advice to Senior Management: Company needs to improve salary and wages to attract and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Fun place to work

Sales Lead (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: This is a great place to work. They have an… Cons: The company is not very good on following up with stores. The stores usually only look good when some one is coming over for a… Advice to Senior Management: Home office should do more audits to save the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pier 1 Imports reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pier 1 Imports CEO Alex Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Pier 1 Imports employees.