Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
  www.pier1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Stay away from this company!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Harvey, LA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Harvey, LA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Close to my house!
Better businesses nearby!

Cons

Manager is very clicky,made a mockery out of me behind my back,really no training at ALL, working four hour work days not worth the gas!

Be nicer to your employees.

610 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Typical retail job but worse

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Paso Robles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The customers were great, always happy and glad to be there spending their money, easy sales. Employee discount was awesome, 25%!

Cons

Funky hours, never got two days off in a row. The Flex schedules were the worst. Management would schedule your shift for the day then you would have a flex shift before or after your normal shift where they could call you in early or keep you later depending on the needs of the business. Absolutely no regard for the employees personal schedule. Unrealistic sales goals and when they were met there was absolutely no compensation for them. My title was a Sales Associate. Most employees who have the word Sales in their title get paid commission. Not at the One, no commission, no bonus, nothing. Pay was minimal at best. I was there for over a year and got a 9 cent raise. Everyone else's raises were about the same or less. The Assistant Store Manager who had been there for 8 yrs got a 13 cent raise! Total disregard for employee's safety. Climbing 12ft (and sometimes higher) ladders to get products off the higher shelves in the stock room, lifting and moving heavy pieces of furniture without the proper safety equipment. I could go on and on. I'm surprised no one has broken their neck!

Bonus your Sales Associates and Sales Leaders or meeting store and company goals. Pier One Bucks at Christmas time just doesn't cut it. Give Assistant Store Managers and Sales Leaders two days off in a row to regroup so they will be more productive when they come back to work. Get rid of the Flex schedule!!!! Totally unnecessary, ask for volunteers or just schedule a shift.

Expect nothing from Pier One Imports

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good for anyone that only want to work a few hours each week for employee discount.

Cons

No benefits for employees except a few vacation hours if average over 20 hours a week. Most associates are limited status, under 12 hours a week. Hourly wage very low, yearly raises are a few cents. Health insurance offered to associates is not a real health insurance policy, premiums can take an entire pay check. Managers are not paid much more than associates.

Company needs to improve salary and wages to attract and to maintain qualified employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports