There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

fun place for a part time position

Former Employee - Sales Lead  in  Abilene, TX
Former Employee - Sales Lead in Abilene, TX

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than a year

Pros

good company discount the merchandise is pretty and the customers were very friendly and upscale the store always smells nice and plays good music

Cons

unpacking freight . too few hours having to make unreasonable sales/credit card application quotas
at the time i worked there, there was a lot of staff turnover low pay for responsibility

invest more in your core sales team , reduce the amount of daily paperwork and just create a positive and encouraging environment for the team to suceed in. goals are great but trust and rewards for great employees would create more employee satisfaction.

562 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

A great fun part-time job if you don't need money.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the most fun I have ever had at a job. I love the atmosphere, the people, and the products. Medical benefits are available.

Cons

The pay is low even for retail and if you can't at least offer products, credit cards, etcetera you will not make it. If you have no problem talking to people and making suggestions it will be a breeze.

Pier 1 Imports over 1 Billion in sales and you make your sales people scrub toilets and mop floors... Thats just wrong!

Current Employee - Sales Leader  in  Holladay, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Holladay, UT

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee Discount...whoopie, low pay, no hours and flex shifts

Cons

Put your life on hold for a Flexshifts? No benefits whatsoever. No hours over 20 hours so they don't have to pay benefits. Expected to work between 6 AM TO 4 AM with no additional pay. Heavy lifting and a filthy, dirty, unhealthy environment. 2 full time employees and 20 part time. Turn over is 4-6 people every month at the store I work at.

Treat your sales associates and sales leaders as team members and not as janitors and dock workers. I think the stores mangers have about the same ratings as the CEO...you all suck.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!