Pier 1 Imports over 1 Billion in sales and you make your sales people scrub toilets and mop floors... Thats just wrong!

Current Employee - Sales Leader  in  Holladay, UT
Current Employee - Sales Leader in Holladay, UT

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee Discount...whoopie, low pay, no hours and flex shifts

Cons

Put your life on hold for a Flexshifts? No benefits whatsoever. No hours over 20 hours so they don't have to pay benefits. Expected to work between 6 AM TO 4 AM with no additional pay. Heavy lifting and a filthy, dirty, unhealthy environment. 2 full time employees and 20 part time. Turn over is 4-6 people every month at the store I work at.

Treat your sales associates and sales leaders as team members and not as janitors and dock workers. I think the stores mangers have about the same ratings as the CEO...you all suck.

Other Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

great

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Normal, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Normal, IL

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work enviroment, positive experience

Cons

on your feet the whole time

Good place to work, but odd hours

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Saratoga Springs, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saratoga Springs, NY

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked with some very friendly, helpful, and genuinely nice people. I was able to learn about processing stock and arranging merchandise for a major company. Many of the products are beautiful, and employees receive a 25 percent discount on top of sales prices.

Cons

Creativity is hampered, as displays must follow a specifically structured model for each season and holiday. The products, while attractive, are typically overpriced and lower quality than you'd expect. The managerial focus was frequently on getting employees to emphasize signing up for store credit cards, instead of meeting the customer's specific needs.

Many times I was scheduled to work odd hours without warning, ie. 6 AM to 1 PM or 4 PM to 11 PM. Pier 1 also sometimes requires its employees to be "on-call" or have "flex time" in their schedules with no extra compensation, so that they must be available to come into work if need be. This meant that I often had to be ready to be called in for a 6-8 hour block of my day and could not make any plans outside of work, which wound up being very frustrating. Salary was also low.

Eliminate the flex scheduling. Lessen the focus on opening store credit cards, as the pressure on employees often leads to inefficient employee-customer relations.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!