Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

LOVE! Suxh a fun, engaging place to work! There is never a dull day, and the support we get from field leaders is great!

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growth potential
Multi-dimensional
Competitive atmosphere

Cons

Tough work
Physical
More upper management opportunities

Keep it up!

703 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Store Manager is BAD

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Discount
     - Friends I've made
     - ppl I've met

Cons

MY store manager does nothing to assist and support the team. She sits in the office, talks on the phone for most of her shift and places an unrealistic amount of work on the sales leadership team and associates. Considering she is the only salaried employee in the building, it only makes sense that she should be the one to help offset payroll with getting more involved with transitions, truck processing, etc. Rather than complaining when we run over payroll (which is every week) and blaming everyone else for it, become part of the solution rather than the core of the problem! I've never worked with a manager before who lacks the basic social skills necessary to run a business. I'm not ranting, just stating what goes on in my store. Everyone else's experience will vary based on the competency of the manager they work for.

Get your Regional Managers to put a better thumb on Store Managers! You may be in for a very unpleasant surprise.

Abusive labor practices at Pier1 Distribution Centers.

Current Employee - Distribution Center Supervisor
    Current Employee - Distribution Center Supervisor

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not a single one that I am aware of.

Cons

Supervisors make much, much less per hour than hourly employees after overtime hours are factored in. D.C. supervisors are forced to work 70-90 hours per week with ZERO additional compensation. No concern whatsoever for a healthy family/ work life balance. Upper management could care less about the impact of an 80 hour workweek on spouses and other family members. First company I have ever seen where it's all about getting the work done at any and all costs including family relationships and health. If you are interested in a salaried supervisor position at Pier1 I suggest you quickly look elsewhere unless you have no personal life and do not mind working 80 hours per week with no overtime pay. This is NOT a fabricated story by an ex. employee. This is the God's honest truth. Upper Management stated that it would only be busy during Holiday periods but it's been the same story for over a year. No slowing down. Just tons of work and not enough additional manpower to get it done.

Dallas Headquarters executive management and H.R. management!!!!! Take notice of the hours being worked by your D.C. employees and make the appropriate hiring decisions ( increase staffing needs) so that your good employees don't burn out and aren't lost. Trust me . YOU WILL LOSE your good people driving them like slaves. I am the spouse of a current supervisor who will soon be a former employee. The NLRB has also been contacted.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports