Pier 1 Imports
www.pier1.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

Great at first, but gets worse as you gain rank

Sales Lead (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

ProsGood discount, fun and interesting merchandise, incentives for both associates and management. Scheduling is fairly flexible.

ConsRegional manager plays favorites, company likes to push in inexperienced, external management who take months to truly train. Wages suck, to start at minimum wage as an associate and only make 1.75 more as a management member is not enough to live on. Flex shifts make it hard for anyone to plan their life around work, and pushing the credit card as hard as they do makes it hard for employees to truly focus on customer service and determine the customer's needs. Unsafe working conditions, not enough focus on OCEA guidelines.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the flex shifts. If someone else is needed, just schedule them to work in the first place. You can always send them home early. Focus less on conversion. Maintaining a 35-40% conversion rate is difficult enough, especially with all the other KPIs we have to focus on. Visual merchandising that follows the planner is understandable, but it's been proven in my store that "beautifying" it in a unique way as selldown occurs helps move the product. Customers have walked in and said, "I want that whole setup," and it wasn't even part of the planner. Relax a little, and compensate your frontline workers a little more. You in the home office have no idea what associates and managers are put through on a daily basis. I've seen so many people injured and that is simply not fair. Get it together, guys.

Growing, thriving and at the top of it's potential under the new era of CEO Alex Smith's clear vision

Marketing (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Coming off the heels of near implosion less than a decade ago, the company has undergone radical house cleaning, reorganization and is growing leaps and… Cons: Isolated from walking distance food, drink and coffee options other than the in house restaurant (which ain't… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the new blood coming in but take value in those… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great part time job

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Westport, CT

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for less than a year

Pros: Friendly and helpful co workers, flexible hours Cons: Schedule for only 16hrs/week.I wish I can work more hours Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pier 1 Imports reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pier 1 Imports CEO Alex Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Pier 1 Imports employees.