Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Great at first, but gets worse as you gain rank

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Sales Lead in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good discount, fun and interesting merchandise, incentives for both associates and management. Scheduling is fairly flexible.

Cons

Regional manager plays favorites, company likes to push in inexperienced, external management who take months to truly train. Wages suck, to start at minimum wage as an associate and only make 1.75 more as a management member is not enough to live on. Flex shifts make it hard for anyone to plan their life around work, and pushing the credit card as hard as they do makes it hard for employees to truly focus on customer service and determine the customer's needs. Unsafe working conditions, not enough focus on OCEA guidelines.

Cut the flex shifts. If someone else is needed, just schedule them to work in the first place. You can always send them home early. Focus less on conversion. Maintaining a 35-40% conversion rate is difficult enough, especially with all the other KPIs we have to focus on. Visual merchandising that follows the planner is understandable, but it's been proven in my store that "beautifying" it in a unique way as selldown occurs helps move the product. Customers have walked in and said, "I want that whole setup," and it wasn't even part of the planner. Relax a little, and compensate your frontline workers a little more. You in the home office have no idea what associates and managers are put through on a daily basis. I've seen so many people injured and that is simply not fair. Get it together, guys.

709 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MN

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Discount on merchandise
    -Prizes for performance

Cons

-Not an environmentally friendly company: we would throw away everything and not recycle
    -They don't care about people ( I was not allowed breaks when I worked there even when I reached the minimum number of hours for a 15-minute break)
    -Bad pay

Focus on people and the environment

Survival of the fitness need only apply.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfield, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfield, CT

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the customers are fun to work with.

Cons

You are expected to be a sales associate, janitor (cleaning public toilets), building furniture, taking out the trash, lifting all types of furniture, going up ladders 10' or higher holding a chair and either taking it off or bringing it down for customers, carrying stuff out to customers cars, working on the loading dock , physically demanding. Push credit cards and surveys all the time.

Budget the stores so they can staff then appropriately. A real cleaning crew and a stock person would be a nice start!

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports