Pier 1 Imports
www.pier1.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

Hard work but fun!

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsThere is a lot of variety in day to day activities and workload. There is always something new happening and the job is never dull. The company values employee feedback and is always working to improve processes. Store managers are not mico-managed. There is some room for creativity and initiative is recognized.

ConsIt is a very physically demanding job, lots of walking and heavy lifting, very little sitting. There is a very broad assortment of merchandise in relatively small space that can be difficult to deal with. To be truly successful a GM needs to work long hours. Compensation is relatively is low and associate retention is a challenge.

One of the best

Assistant Store Manager & Store Manager (Former Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Talented Managers are rewarded! If you are a talented manager (even a budding manager) you will be rewared with $ and opportunities...there are over… Cons: There are a limited amount of full time positions! Like any other retail business members of management are the only full time positions (and Home Office...it… Advice to Senior Management: Work hard! Yes you will be moving furniture but if you're, truly, a Pier 1 person you'll love the end results. Be genuine with a smile...remember you're… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very good atmosphere to work in and everyone knows their part

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Laguna Niguel, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good hours, no crazy holiday hours, good pay, quick upward… Cons: Not huge volume so pay is good but limited Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pier 1 Imports reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pier 1 Imports CEO Alex Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Pier 1 Imports employees.