Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com

Underpaid; overworked, high expectations; no incentive

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

Pros-Good first job to learn retail, but get out AS SOON as you find something better-- even a little better
-25% additional employee discount, even on promotional sale items (up to 45% off, though I've heard that's not much in other jobs)

Cons-No matter HOW HARD you work, you will NOT get a raise until at LEAST a year of employment. And that's not even guaranteed. Some people get about .05 or up to .17 on their year raises. And management acts so gracious about it.
-Daily demands, including making at least 5 people sign up for spam email or more junk mail, and weekly, playing with people's credit for a very faulty system (Pier 1 Rewards Credit Card)
-Physically demanding, mentally draining. Climb up ladders and grab chairs, greeting every single customer and bothering them about signing up for the catalog, or the card, or the promotions, or this-or-that. The rule is "until they say stop three times"...

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees accordingly for doing a good job.
Stop with the catalog and pier 1 card. The card is more hassle than it saves people's money.

Dangerous Stockroom @ the Divisional Office Store

Sales Leader (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros: I no longer have to work there! Cons: 40Ft trucks that arrive between 4am and 12pm noon. You have only two maybe three people to unload ALL of it. It must ALL be… Advice to Senior Management: Offer a premium pay for associates to work overnight shifts… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The passion for the company faded.

Sales Leader (Former Employee) Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Discount! If your store manager is amazing and hires employees that are amazing and blend well and work well together, it's a dream job!!! Many career… Cons: When I first started in 2006 the company did something special for employees on Christmas- but that ended during my three year employment history. … Advice to Senior Management: I transferred stores when I became a sales leader and unfortunately that management team made me fall OUT OF LOVE with the company. I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!