Pier 1 Imports
www.pier1.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

A fun place to work.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
New Bern, NC

ProsThe employee discount was a big plus. They offer insurance options for part-time employees. Opportunities to interact with people/customers from all walks of life.

ConsStore managers are in charge of scheduling. My personal experience was that the store manager continually scheduled me and another manager for weekend shifts, but refused to work more than one weekend for every two months despite higher management requesting she work more weekends. They require you to push their store credit card, so if you have a problem pushing 23%APR cards on people, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise regional managers to require schedule submissions from store managers along with sales reports. This would give better insight to what problems may be leading to poor store performance.

It was an excellent opportunity to grow my customer service and communication skills.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros: The retail environment is one that fosters growth in superb customer service. Every customer who walks in the door is acknowledged, and… Cons: Unfortunately, the room for growth is relative to the store size. Upper management is not focused… Advice to Senior Management: It would be beneficial to the retail employees who want to advance with the company if management… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This company cares about work/life balance.

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports

Pros: I appreciate having the ability to spend time with family… Cons: This is a very physically demanding job. Advice to Senior Management: I think incentive pay raises would be nice. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pier 1 Imports reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pier 1 Imports CEO Alex Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Pier 1 Imports employees.