Pier 1 Imports
www.pier1.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

Worst Job of My Life

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the people I worked with were very friendly. The assistant manger was a total sweetheart.

ConsI was hired on as seasonal. I was lucky if I got more than 10 hours a week. Everyone was given a name tag and trained on register except me. I was expected to open credit cards on the sales floor. The manager rode me to get sales and peoples email addresses constantly. I was never praised when I met my goals or made big sales, although I was constantly reminded when I didn't. I was expected to move heavy pieces of furniture by myself and no one even trained me on how to do it safely. Employee discount is a joke with the hours they give to seasonal employees. I could barely afford to pay my bills much less buy expensive furniture and home goods with my tiny paychecks.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees more hours. I get that seasonal employees are only temporary but they should be treated with the same respect as everyone else.

Nice variety of products although stores are consistently short staffed and pay is low

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Brookfield, WI

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Nice variety of products and great associates. Cons: Low pay. Consistently forced to be short staffed, which increases… Advice to Senior Management: Increase payroll for high traffic locations. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Underpaid

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The environment if really fun. Everyday is always different.… Cons: They work you very hard and have huge expectations. This wouldn't be so bad if you were paid… Advice to Senior Management: You need to pay people what they are worth. Assistant Store Managers work very hard and are not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pier 1 Imports reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pier 1 Imports CEO Alex Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Pier 1 Imports employees.