Great place to work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roseville, CA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roseville, CA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, awesome employee discount, wonderful product to work with, excellent training. Overall a great place for an entry level position

Cons

The only con I can think of is that you have to work weekends, holidays, etc. But that is the nature of the beast in retail.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good Company, Perfect job for students

Current Employee - Material Handler in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a part time associate i have gotten 6 raises in the last 3 years, starting as a seasonal associate ($10/hour) and now to Material Handler 1 ( $16/hour). Very friendly atmoshere and because of my part time status i have flexibility with my work schedule to allow time for school. Full time associates do not have this flexibility

Cons

For the past 2 years, supervisors and HR reps have been in and out of the job, making the work environment disorganized. The work is very physically demanding, often seems impossible to hit production numbers of 100% that is required. Associates get fired very often. Also a lack of equipment like forkilifts make it difficult to do work efficiently. Part time associate benifits are not the best. During peak holiday season you can kiss your life goodbye, working 11 hours plus, good for your wallet but hurts family time.

Advice to Management

ive often felt under appreciated, make sure you take care of your hard working associates.

Once a great company. Taking it's cue from most retailers

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love most people I work with, Love the merchandise and has decent benefits.

Cons

I am a Sales leader and was working full time at about 35-38 hours a week. After working in that position for nearly 2 years I was told I was only part-time and that my hours were going to be cut to 15-22 hrs a week. Rather than letting me stay full time and a second Sales lead remain part time they want to hire a 3rd sales lead and have all 3 people work part-time.
    Regional manager hires from other companies for store manager positions rather than promoting from within the company. Leading to low moral, as it shows us that all our hard work and dedication won't pay off in the end.

Advice to Management

Start showing your employees a little more respect. Telling them in training videos that the companies success is all because of them, but refuse to pay them decent wages.