Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
  www.pier1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Once a great company. Taking it's cue from most retailers

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Sales Leader in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love most people I work with, Love the merchandise and has decent benefits.

Cons

I am a Sales leader and was working full time at about 35-38 hours a week. After working in that position for nearly 2 years I was told I was only part-time and that my hours were going to be cut to 15-22 hrs a week. Rather than letting me stay full time and a second Sales lead remain part time they want to hire a 3rd sales lead and have all 3 people work part-time.
Regional manager hires from other companies for store manager positions rather than promoting from within the company. Leading to low moral, as it shows us that all our hard work and dedication won't pay off in the end.

Start showing your employees a little more respect. Telling them in training videos that the companies success is all because of them, but refuse to pay them decent wages.

627 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The discount and the benefits, i.e. health and vacation time. Fun product, some reasonably priced.

Cons

There is zero work life balance. Expectations and targets are high which equates to low or no bonus for the store manager. New visual merchandising guidelines to make stores more consistent means we have no creative freedom, which limits the use of some people's talents. Upper management preaches and preaches about goals and expectations, but I hardly saw my regional manager for store visits. I hadn't had an official store visit summary in over two years, until my numbers fell below "expectations." Zero positive feedback from regional.

Take a closer look at what your field managers are doing, coming for a store visit late and then spending the majority of time in the office is not a store visit. Give credit for a job well done. Stop having a meeting, ad set, floor move, markdown report every Sunday so a manager can actually get a Sunday off every now and again.

A great company to work with

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakewood, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakewood, WA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful environment and very flexible.

Cons

I have no cons for this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports