Pier 1 Imports

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The discount and the benefits, i.e. health and vacation time. Fun product, some reasonably priced.

Cons

There is zero work life balance. Expectations and targets are high which equates to low or no bonus for the store manager. New visual merchandising guidelines to make stores more consistent means we have no creative freedom, which limits the use of some people's talents. Upper management preaches and preaches about goals and expectations, but I hardly saw my regional manager for store visits. I hadn't had an official store visit summary in over two years, until my numbers fell below "expectations." Zero positive feedback from regional.

Take a closer look at what your field managers are doing, coming for a store visit late and then spending the majority of time in the office is not a store visit. Give credit for a job well done. Stop having a meeting, ad set, floor move, markdown report every Sunday so a manager can actually get a Sunday off every now and again.

608 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

A great company to work with

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakewood, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakewood, WA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful environment and very flexible.

Cons

I have no cons for this company.

Fun, upbeat atmosphere, great co-workers, new inventory every week!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Customers rave about their shopping experience, they love shopping there! Fun music, great co-workers, for the most part a very positive working enviroment. Don't forget that awesome employee discount !

Cons

It is a very physical job, you are really earning your money, there is pressure to preform but that is with any sales position.

Nurture those stand out employees, so that they may advance in the company. Let them know they are appreciated. A compliment goes a long way in making an employee feel they are truly integral in making the store a success!

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports