Pier 1 Imports

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Great Way To Advance

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started out as a Sales Associate and only 2 years later got promoted to the ASM Position. Pier 1 is not your typical retail store. If you are looking to just stand around and ring customer purchases, then this company is not for you. You have to absolutely from day one have naturally strong sales skills and know not only how to sale the product, but the store's credit card as well. As far a management, if you think your job is going to be an over paid babysitter, then you are wrong! As an ASM you will be responsible for organizing and executing monthly sale's promotions (store sales) on top of couching your associates to be effectively sellers, all the way ensure that you and your team are doing everything you can to meet the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly sale goals.

Cons

The company is great, however the expectations for opening new credit card accounts can be a little overwhelming, especially with some what unrealistic goals.

Take a deeper look into the logistics and demographic of your stores and ensure your regional/ territory managers are giving equal attention to everyone. I understand why higher volume stores would receive more attention, but I feel as a manager I would want everyone on my team to be strong and not put pressure on my few top performers to carry the weight of the team.

610 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Beware! Pier 1 may be a fun place to shop, but not a good place of employment.

Former Employee - Store Associate
    Former Employee - Store Associate

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun associates to work with. Good discount.

Cons

Management delegates like dictators. Realistic expectations are way too high for one person to achieve. Care about the why's; Why is inventory low and counts off? Why are employees leaving?

Lead by example. A good manager is one that leads, not orders! Don't have the associate do something that you wouldn't do.Managers should ALL be on the same page. Not 100 different answers. Look at why your stores have so much turnover in associates.

Don't get what you deserve as a hard worker

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good co-workers, good discount, fun product

Cons

Raises are terrible, high demand and expectations for what you get paid

Listen to Associates, not just managers!

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports