Pier 1 Imports
www.pier1.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

Great Way To Advance

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

ProsI started out as a Sales Associate and only 2 years later got promoted to the ASM Position. Pier 1 is not your typical retail store. If you are looking to just stand around and ring customer purchases, then this company is not for you. You have to absolutely from day one have naturally strong sales skills and know not only how to sale the product, but the store's credit card as well. As far a management, if you think your job is going to be an over paid babysitter, then you are wrong! As an ASM you will be responsible for organizing and executing monthly sale's promotions (store sales) on top of couching your associates to be effectively sellers, all the way ensure that you and your team are doing everything you can to meet the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly sale goals.

ConsThe company is great, however the expectations for opening new credit card accounts can be a little overwhelming, especially with some what unrealistic goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a deeper look into the logistics and demographic of your stores and ensure your regional/ territory managers are giving equal attention to everyone. I understand why higher volume stores would receive more attention, but I feel as a manager I would want everyone on my team to be strong and not put pressure on my few top performers to carry the weight of the team.

It was a great way to gain customer service experience

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Selma, TX

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros: Opportunities to move up in the company Cons: Associates never receive recognition for accomplishments. Advice to Senior Management: Invest in the workers and it will keep them longer. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Management Team, Great Store

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Albany, GA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great work atmosphere, flexibility, employee discount, potential for mobility within… Cons: While I love the store, the pay could be increased. Pier 1 does not pay associates enough to sustain living expenses. Shifts are… Advice to Senior Management: Fewer Employees on payroll, increase hours for established team members. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pier 1 Imports reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pier 1 Imports CEO Alex Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Pier 1 Imports employees.