pier 1 is a store and a familyl

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Wheaton, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

staff is very close and friendly. managers are very supportive and generally support associates with tools on how to meet their goals rather than bossing them around. its a fun place to work if you are people oriented

Cons

never a chance to sit down until after your shift, or on break if you are an associate .

keep up the supportive role you offer the associates and pay increases would be a great incentive as well

Other Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than a year

Pros

4 weeks paid vacation
    Unlimited sick time
    Great culture
    Great employee recognition

Cons

Employee discount should be increased.

Pro's and Con's review: Every Location/area is different. Feedback for CEO and Company.

Current Employee - Sales Leader  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great staff (varies from store to store) , fun product, tons of resources and tools for developing skills and selling behaviors. Assoc. Discount., tuition reimbursement, fun gifts given to all employees during holidays.

Cons

Heavy work load, lack of time for proper training in all job titles at the store level resulting in sub par performance as a whole, not enough time to use all the tools provided, due to weekly hour caps that prevent employees from becoming full time and collecting benefits.
    this works for the company on paper for payroll and savings on benefits, but costs the store level talent and efficiency.

Advice to CEO: Employee's enjoy the company as a whole. however, we feel under paid for our level of commitment, knowledge, and work load administered. I understand no system is perfect, but I feel as though, we should be compensated adequately. This is the biggest draw back and a key reason for higher management turnover or lack of interest in our company. I only say this to grow and become more efficient as a company.There is a lot of great talent that exists in our stores and DC's, let's focus on IN-HOUSE Talent and pay them what they worth.
    I am only one voice on this website, but you should multiply my thoughts by 200 for a smaller but more realistic figure.
    Anyone who has been with the company longer that 3 years, been offered higher positions and worked at multiple locations would agree with me.
    lastly, listen to your associates and stores, gather feedback every 6 months and re evaluate processes. We would all appreciate it :)

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!