Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
  www.pier1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Pro's and Con's review: Every Location/area is different. Feedback for CEO and Company.

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Thousand Oaks, CA
Current Employee - Sales Leader in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great staff (varies from store to store) , fun product, tons of resources and tools for developing skills and selling behaviors. Assoc. Discount., tuition reimbursement, fun gifts given to all employees during holidays.

Cons

Heavy work load, lack of time for proper training in all job titles at the store level resulting in sub par performance as a whole, not enough time to use all the tools provided, due to weekly hour caps that prevent employees from becoming full time and collecting benefits.
this works for the company on paper for payroll and savings on benefits, but costs the store level talent and efficiency.

Advice to CEO: Employee's enjoy the company as a whole. however, we feel under paid for our level of commitment, knowledge, and work load administered. I understand no system is perfect, but I feel as though, we should be compensated adequately. This is the biggest draw back and a key reason for higher management turnover or lack of interest in our company. I only say this to grow and become more efficient as a company.There is a lot of great talent that exists in our stores and DC's, let's focus on IN-HOUSE Talent and pay them what they worth.
I am only one voice on this website, but you should multiply my thoughts by 200 for a smaller but more realistic figure.
Anyone who has been with the company longer that 3 years, been offered higher positions and worked at multiple locations would agree with me.
lastly, listen to your associates and stores, gather feedback every 6 months and re evaluate processes. We would all appreciate it :)

629 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

This company doesn't take care of it's employees

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than an year)

Pros

generous discount, nice staff and manager, variety of tasks to prevent boredom, looks good on a resume, fun merchandising and nice customers

Cons

Property Management is non-responsive, at our store it was over 90 degrees some days, and always over 85 for summer months. The pay is well below industry standards and competitors.The benefits are laughable. it takes six years for a simple 401k to be vested, and the health insurance is almost impossible to qualify for, and even when you do it is expensive and insufficient. Ladders are broken, yet even after numerous injuries the company refuses to replace them for the expense.

take notes from your competitors. people like spending money at businesses that treat their employees fairly and take care of their stores safety and property needs.

Operations Supervisor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time

Pros

The opportunity to develop and lead a team of associates to success and coach them to take pride in what they do.

Cons

Upper management-no respect for their supervisors, lots of office politics and drama, and neglect the supervisor's need for a work/life balance

Take care of you Supervisors! We make the Operation and you look good through our hard work and dedication. At least say THANK YOU!

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports