There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Pro's and Con's review: Every Location/area is different. Feedback for CEO and Company.

Current Employee - Sales Leader  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
Current Employee - Sales Leader in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great staff (varies from store to store) , fun product, tons of resources and tools for developing skills and selling behaviors. Assoc. Discount., tuition reimbursement, fun gifts given to all employees during holidays.

Cons

Heavy work load, lack of time for proper training in all job titles at the store level resulting in sub par performance as a whole, not enough time to use all the tools provided, due to weekly hour caps that prevent employees from becoming full time and collecting benefits.
this works for the company on paper for payroll and savings on benefits, but costs the store level talent and efficiency.

Advice to CEO: Employee's enjoy the company as a whole. however, we feel under paid for our level of commitment, knowledge, and work load administered. I understand no system is perfect, but I feel as though, we should be compensated adequately. This is the biggest draw back and a key reason for higher management turnover or lack of interest in our company. I only say this to grow and become more efficient as a company.There is a lot of great talent that exists in our stores and DC's, let's focus on IN-HOUSE Talent and pay them what they worth.
I am only one voice on this website, but you should multiply my thoughts by 200 for a smaller but more realistic figure.
Anyone who has been with the company longer that 3 years, been offered higher positions and worked at multiple locations would agree with me.
lastly, listen to your associates and stores, gather feedback every 6 months and re evaluate processes. We would all appreciate it :)

566 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Loved working with the customers...

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

25% discount on merch, flexible hours, they do offer insurance but it will take almost your whole check to have it, You can get a $250 limit credit card after 90 days employment, even if you don't have good credit.

Cons

Only have part time available unless you are a shift lead or manager so you must have another source of income, impossible as your only job, the staff at the one where I worked were gossipy and two faced a lot of competition for a job that you do not make commission. And always with the credit card, " push the credit card" well I got one of their cards and as soon as I pay it off I will NEVER use it again. Do not be even a day late paying or they will call you 15 times a day til you pay something and interest is 29% plus no grace period

Offer better incentives for getting a credit sign up ( other than a free candle or hand sanitizer) better pay, more hours, more appreciation for those who get things done and sell the most. Need higher quality merchandise especially for the price

Operations Supervisor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time

Pros

The opportunity to develop and lead a team of associates to success and coach them to take pride in what they do.

Cons

Upper management-no respect for their supervisors, lots of office politics and drama, and neglect the supervisor's need for a work/life balance

Take care of you Supervisors! We make the Operation and you look good through our hard work and dedication. At least say THANK YOU!

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!