Pier 1 Imports
www.pier1.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

Pro's and Con's review: Every Location/area is different. Feedback for CEO and Company.

Sales Leader (Current Employee)
Thousand Oaks, CA

ProsGreat staff (varies from store to store) , fun product, tons of resources and tools for developing skills and selling behaviors. Assoc. Discount., tuition reimbursement, fun gifts given to all employees during holidays.

ConsHeavy work load, lack of time for proper training in all job titles at the store level resulting in sub par performance as a whole, not enough time to use all the tools provided, due to weekly hour caps that prevent employees from becoming full time and collecting benefits.
this works for the company on paper for payroll and savings on benefits, but costs the store level talent and efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to CEO: Employee's enjoy the company as a whole. however, we feel under paid for our level of commitment, knowledge, and work load administered. I understand no system is perfect, but I feel as though, we should be compensated adequately. This is the biggest draw back and a key reason for higher management turnover or lack of interest in our company. I only say this to grow and become more efficient as a company.There is a lot of great talent that exists in our stores and DC's, let's focus on IN-HOUSE Talent and pay them what they worth.
I am only one voice on this website, but you should multiply my thoughts by 200 for a smaller but more realistic figure.
Anyone who has been with the company longer that 3 years, been offered higher positions and worked at multiple locations would agree with me.
lastly, listen to your associates and stores, gather feedback every 6 months and re evaluate processes. We would all appreciate it :)

Loved working with the customers...

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Shreveport, LA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros: 25% discount on merch, flexible hours, they do offer insurance but it will take almost your whole check to have… Cons: Only have part time available unless you are a shift lead or manager so you must have another source of income, impossible as your only… Advice to Senior Management: Offer better incentives for getting a credit sign up ( other than a free candle or hand sanitizer) better pay, more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Operations Supervisor

Savannah, GA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time

Pros: The opportunity to develop and lead a team of associates to… Cons: Upper management-no respect for their supervisors, lots of office politics… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of you Supervisors! We make the Operation and you look… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pier 1 Imports reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pier 1 Imports CEO Alex Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Pier 1 Imports employees.