Loved working with the customers...

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Shreveport, LA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

25% discount on merch, flexible hours, they do offer insurance but it will take almost your whole check to have it, You can get a $250 limit credit card after 90 days employment, even if you don't have good credit.

Cons

Only have part time available unless you are a shift lead or manager so you must have another source of income, impossible as your only job, the staff at the one where I worked were gossipy and two faced a lot of competition for a job that you do not make commission. And always with the credit card, " push the credit card" well I got one of their cards and as soon as I pay it off I will NEVER use it again. Do not be even a day late paying or they will call you 15 times a day til you pay something and interest is 29% plus no grace period

Offer better incentives for getting a credit sign up ( other than a free candle or hand sanitizer) better pay, more hours, more appreciation for those who get things done and sell the most. Need higher quality merchandise especially for the price

Other Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

No two days are the same

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

The atmosphere is filled with a beautiful merchandise mix from around the world...it is very easy to work with and sell to the customers....the visual merchandising is uniform through out the company....most items are fairly priced....great clearance sales

Cons

Low pay for sales team...the corporate visual guides are not realistic for merchandising the huge amounts of stock we have,it is difficult to achieve all of the corporate goals with pushing the credit card and meeting the days figures as well as keeping a clean store and processing huge amounts of stock. Too many heavy and cumbersome items to lift and carry with little to no help.

All stores should have an able bodied stock person to lift and get heavy items from tops of fixtures and someone to carry large and bulky items to customers cars.the person should work all the peak hours of operation...there could be a better way of boxing or wrapping gifts. Customers complain about that and lack of a shopping bag.

If you love hard work and entertaining!

Current Employee - Sales Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Leader

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Pier 1 Imports because most of the customers are so geniune. You do have to have patience with those who are not. Every item is unique, and entertaining is the name of the game.

Cons

Some of the products could be in better condition. The stock rooms are over flowed with merchandise, and doesn't always seem safe. When wanting to move up in the food chain, you have to be willing to travel because positions are few.

The more incentives you give your associates, the harder they will work for the Pier 1 Card numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!