Pier 1 Imports
www.pier1.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

Good Company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

ProsPier 1 Imports recognizes that their sales associates are their best assets. While I worked for the company, I learned they had an excellent transfer policy - I was able to transfer to a store in a different state with no issue. Just like any retail environment, some managers manage better than others, but for the most part all those in management were encouraging and friendly with all of the sales associates. Starting pay at the time was slightly above minimum wage, and the review process guaranteed regular pay increases for those who performed at their best.

ConsI would say the downsides were mostly few and far between. Most managers tend to have worked their way up in the company, so they know what it is like to have been a sales associate. The only communication issues tended to happen with managers, assistant managers, or sales leaders who were hired from the outside. Those folks were definitely the exception and not the rule, however, and tended to leave the company after a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change a thing. The Christmas bucks, the encouragement of associates to work for the company long term, and the regular video updates and staff meetings really make Pier 1 a fun place to work. I've definitely worked for retail companies that did way less for their associates, and it showed in terms of customer service.

No two days are the same

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros: The atmosphere is filled with a beautiful merchandise mix from around the world...it is very easy to work with… Cons: Low pay for sales team...the corporate visual guides are not realistic for merchandising the huge amounts of stock we have,it is difficult to achieve all… Advice to Senior Management: All stores should have an able bodied stock person to lift and get heavy items from tops of fixtures and someone to carry… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you love hard work and entertaining!

Sales Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros: I love working at Pier 1 Imports because most of the customers are so geniune. You do have to… Cons: Some of the products could be in better condition. The stock rooms are over flowed with merchandise, and doesn't always seem… Advice to Senior Management: The more incentives you give your associates, the harder they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pier 1 Imports reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pier 1 Imports CEO Alex Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Pier 1 Imports employees.