There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports definitely has given me a great experience in learning how a small business operates.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Carle Place, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Carle Place, NY

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You'll learn much at this company.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to handle.

The management is awesome.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great career for Retail Managers

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great brand, competitive pay for management. Lots of advancement opportunities for career driven individuals with high personal and professional expectations of performance.

Cons

Part time work is primarily as a fun second job for supplemental income only - or for those who are also students.

Definitely Do Run Away

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Meeting some wonderful co-workers. Seeing some beautiful hand made treasures from other parts of the world and the chance to be creative at times.

Cons

Pay, Workload, Management, Working Environment. There is little I can add to the reviewer who advised all to run away. I actually thought I got up in the middle of the night and wrote that in my sleep. I am half way across the country and the conditions are the same. Chronically dangerous stockrooms and truly criminal physical work load expectations for some- they routinely hire people who cannot lift anything, making more work for those who can. Emotionally unstable managers are definitely the norm - upper management with no moral compass at all. You will be one of the lucky few if you leave this company unscathed - physically and emotionally.

Actually try to treat your employees like you value them and reward people for hard work. Get rid of all the incompetent and emotionally unstable and abusive managers. I know that regional managers keep them on because they are easy to bully and manipulate. Basically, clean house and start all over again.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports