it is a very ok job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Freeport, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Freeport, NY

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

raises and nice people discounts

Cons

bad area bad customers rude sometimes

Advice to Management

nothing good job

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Misleading on hours you will receive. The credit card sales and conversion are put ahead of customer service.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good discount, coworkers are great. My hair always smells nice when I leave the store.

Cons

Are forced to bash customers over and over during their shopping experience with the credit card. Mind you we leave out the fact that it's 27% interest rate. They do not provide proper cleaning supplies for the jobs you are required to do. Hours are horrible, can't live on 8-10 hours a week. Even though they hired you to work 16-20. Truck duties are only given to a few people. Stock room is a mess.

Advice to Management

Get organized, don't force your employee's to badger the customers 4 times during their shopping experience. Also allow us to hold the door open for them when they have a lot of bags. The conversion isn't worth lacking the service. If you provide proper cleaning supplies we would be satisfied to do our jobs right.

2. Pay rate is too low for the level of service required by this company and part time hours is not enough to live on!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employee discount is just ok, but could be better!

Cons

Sales associates are not allowed to work over 20 hours a week. This is not enough hours to make a real living. The turn over is Very High because of this... The cost of medical insurance is not affordable if you are a sales associate! The pay rate is too low for the level of service they require. Too many demands for the sales associates.

Advice to Management

Increase the hourly pay rate and add full time status to sales associates who want it. This will ensure your employees will stay loyal and work harder to reach your company goals. In turn the turn over will decrease astronomically.