Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com

This is where I go to relax

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

I love working at this place so much. I work with an amazing group of people who are mature (for the most part) really funny and helpful.
I appreciate that the managers are very respectful, they are never condescending and they don't yell at you as if youre a child.
I once accidentally told a customer wrong info, the manager waited for to finish and politely said "I think they might've been moved to another floor" instead of cutting me off an yelling at me in front of the customer

Cons

Some employees who have been there for a while like to dictate and be a bit bossy.
Also the hours suck sometimes

Keep on doing what youre doing. Thank you for always visiting our store and being in touch. It shows you care about us.

Other reviews for Pier 1 Imports

It's been a good learning experience, and Pier 1 tries to make it fun for its employees

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Branford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Branford, CT

Pros

There are a wide range of products that can suit any person's needs. There are a lot of different aspects to this job, and everybody will find something they like to do.

Cons

Dealing with very needy / rude customers tends to get very tedious. Sometimes is a thankless job

To trust employees more; don't micromanage us, sometimes we are actually good at a particular job and you don't need to treat us like we are not.

Great store, but very inflexible with time and pay

Former Employee - Sales Lead  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Rochester, NY

Pros

Pier 1 did not offer benefits, and it was difficult to get time off. Luckily, I was able to receive a promotion shortly after starting, but there is no room to move up after Sales Lead if your ASM or SM also aren't planning on moving.

Cons

Pay and hours were the biggest cons for the job. The company seemed to not want to grant much of either. Each position had a cap on how many hours each person at that position was allowed to work. Our store was always short, and even as a Sales Lead, my manager would rather come in and take over a shift than to cost the company a few more dollars.

It was very difficult to get time off, and I couldn't move up from a part-time position even as a Sales Lead managing the store.

I think expressions of even the mildest forms of compassion for your employees and understanding of others' situations could have made the job more bearable.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!