Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com

Loved it!

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Asheville, NC
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Asheville, NC

Pros

Fun, kept me in shape because of the active type of work. Enjoyed it!

Cons

Not much to complain about.

Other reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Part Time Sales Clerk Employee at Store

Former Employee - Store Clerk  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Store Clerk in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Discount available for employees, about 15-20%. Nice management, looked for high potential. Lots of neat items plus coupons. Very friendly staff members.

Cons

Lots of breakables- customers break things accidentally, especially the glass oil diffusers. Better packaging and shelf design would be good.

Good store leadership

My experience had been great with a few exceptions

Current Employee - Sales Associate, Sales Leader, Interm Assistant Store Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate, Sales Leader, Interm Assistant Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work with customers and provide solutions to any problems they may have had with their product or their experience in the store. I have also had the opportunity to not only work with a wide variety of associates but I was also given the opportunity to manage those associates and had a good supervisor/associate relationship to where they could come to me with compliments or complaints of other staff/management

Cons

My personal experience has been good other than the fact that I feel like I have been used. I went from SA and after a few short months to SL then after 9 months back to SA since the initial SL was back from maternity leave. Then about 5 months later I was the Interm ASM and recently back down to SA. I would think that they would find a more permanent position for me because the management wants me to stay but the company will not open a spot since our store already has 3 SL. But all of them have limited availability since they have other obligations and I have full availability. It is very disappointing.

Listen to the store management more.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!