There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Good retail company and position

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time

Pros

flexible part-time scheduling and relaxed atmosphere. particular location was very convenient for a seasonal second job - until the location was closed, but i was given the opportunity to transfer stores

Cons

retail position - low wage, but still above minimum

585 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Hard Work And Pressure For Little to No Payoff

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My store had very friendly associates that were likable and made it feel like a family. Being a straight, college age guy, there is very little temptation to spend my paycheck here. After 3 years of working here, I've begun to feel confident in my product knowledge coming from knowing nothing about interior decor.

Cons

Constant demand for opening credit cards, getting emails, and surveys from customers. Working on hand and knee for customers that treat you like dirt for barely above minimum wage. Many customers I spoke with thought we earned at least $11 starting wage plus commission. Very few hours available and a full 8 hour shift maybe once every other month. End of year performance reviews are from 1-5 and unless you meet your high quota every week, you'll get either a 2 or 3.

Think about the associates. The customer is right most of the time but not always. Change the store and website systems from Microsoft Silverlight to Flash. Why use a new program that still has many bugs and performance issues instead of a tried and true 20+ year old program that is used by almost everyone.

Great atmosphere

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time

Pros

Praise from management when doing well, new customer interaction, great music, nice and friendly co-workers

Cons

NO HOURS!!!! Management gives part-time employees 4 hour shifts( anything over 4 hour shifts requires a break). Also, we are put in the system for flex shifts which takes up your day- you're not even guaranteed to work it. Lastly, we don't get paid enough. Sales associates are required to clean bathrooms, go on ladders, and unload the truck.

More hours or stop hiring new employees every 2 seconds!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports