Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
  www.pier1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

I loved working for Pier 1.

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Discount !!! Great people !!! Ability to invest in yourself and move up in the company. Great management training. Ability to customize your store visually to represent your area. Even once leaving the company in my management role to pursue another full time opportunity I remained attached to Pier 1, for seasonal help around the holidays, and to help with visual and floor moves. Couldn't give up the discount ! :-)

Cons

Payroll hours can be challenging. It can also be a physical job.

Some of the expectations of the visual changes can be counterproductive.

625 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Fun Place To Work!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best reasons to have a job at Pier 1 are that you get to make a positive impact on your customers lives daily. You are helping them finds furniture, accessories or gifts that they will love for a lifetime. Before I ever worked for Pier 1 some of my favorite furniture was from there!

Cons

Changing Promotions monthly is very time consuming. There must be a better system put in place.
    There is a lot of heavy lifting involved, but usually with another team member. Make sure you eat your Wheaties!

I know a lot of my employees never really knew of open positions in other stores or areas without my bringing it up. Pier 1 should list positions weekly on the portal for managers to print for their associates. It might better help with internal promotion.

Needs a lot of improvement.

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time

Pros

Beautiful building to work in (Headquarters). Free parking. Great cafeteria.

Cons

Computer software broken more often than not. Crazy hours. Lack of permanent seating. Pay is so-so. Not competitive pay. When you hire on they make it seem like you are going to contribute to the company and be an important part of it. I didn't see that. Roller-coaster shifts. Different start time each day and no two days in a row off. No way to plan. Job description not accurate.

Be more professional. Know your employees and take a genuine interest in them. Quit paying lip service to questions and problems that arise. Please be aware that your employees are your company. Be pro-active instead of running around looking for the next meeting. Way too many meetings at this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports