Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER: hourly pay is very low, no commissions and no incentives to try harder!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Port St Lucie, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Port St Lucie, FL

Pros

fun to meet new people and help them decorate.

Cons

need better hourly wage, bonuses, incentives to employees and have equal pay from store to store.

Company need to pay their employees more than min. wage. You expect us to sell furniture and home décor, open up credit cards and more and there is no incentive when you make $8.00 an hr. You want to boost your market, start with you employers!!

Other reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Great job for students

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Spokane, WA

Pros

The hours and days are very flexible and ideal for students - my managers always made plenty of room in my schedule for my finals and were understanding about my change in availability every semester. Company culture demands professionalism and encourages fun. For anyone who wants to work in sales long or short-term, Pier 1 provides great training in selling practices and in ways to connect personally with your customers.

Cons

No one has the option of full time hours other than managers. Small pay raises occur regularly once a year with reference to how long you have worked in the company rather than to performance. Although my experience has been good overall, the major con of working for Pier 1 is simply that it is a corporate giant, and I often felt that while my store managers were entirely reasonable and generous, the company as a whole was more interested in its own growth and profit than in the growth and profit of its associates - lots of people like that schema, but it's not for me.

Take a closer look at your environmental practices (e.g. find a way to stop mailing every store 12 paper tags for an item that only a handful of stores even have one of in stock). Raise the available part-time hours to 30 hours/week.

Pretty boring job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

Pros

I've always loved visiting home furnishing stores, so I enjoyed it here quite a bit. It was nice looking at the beautiful furniture and home accessories. Loved most of the people I worked with.

Cons

Associates would constantly get written up if they did not convince any customer's to open up a Pier 1 Credit Card. What do they expect us to do? Shove it down their throats? I can explain the benefits all I want, but if the customer says no, it's NO. Not my fault if they don't want to open up another credit card, especially if they can only use it at Pier 1!
    The customers were pretty snobby and rude too, so that didn't make it any more enjoyable for me.
    Low pay and only 4 hour shifts.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!