Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
  www.pier1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Needs a lot of improvement.

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time

Pros

Beautiful building to work in (Headquarters). Free parking. Great cafeteria.

Cons

Computer software broken more often than not. Crazy hours. Lack of permanent seating. Pay is so-so. Not competitive pay. When you hire on they make it seem like you are going to contribute to the company and be an important part of it. I didn't see that. Roller-coaster shifts. Different start time each day and no two days in a row off. No way to plan. Job description not accurate.

Be more professional. Know your employees and take a genuine interest in them. Quit paying lip service to questions and problems that arise. Please be aware that your employees are your company. Be pro-active instead of running around looking for the next meeting. Way too many meetings at this company.

627 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Asst. manager

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time

Pros

If you are lucky enough to reach full time for the company the benefits are really great. My fellow associates are also really amazing people and I find that our company attracts a great quirky associate who makes working so much fun.

Cons

Stock processing is a huge area that needs to be focused on. It's continuously changing and the expectations are changed every other year. I don't think corporate has a true understanding of how much time and energy it takes to do the tasks that we are assigned. Low pay and high expectations plus the idea that we should have a staff that only works maybe 10 hrs a week( if they are lucky) Per person is really unrealistic. We loose so many great associates because of the need for them to have hours in order to actually live.

Spend some time in store across the country to get a true understanding of what it takes to actually run the tasks that you have set us out to do.

Fun placeto work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great products, wonderful coworkers, enjoy working with customers

Cons

Not enough working hours given

Never get called in on flex time. Not enough w rking hours given per week. Low Pay

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports