There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Needs a lot of improvement.

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time

Pros

Beautiful building to work in (Headquarters). Free parking. Great cafeteria.

Cons

Computer software broken more often than not. Crazy hours. Lack of permanent seating. Pay is so-so. Not competitive pay. When you hire on they make it seem like you are going to contribute to the company and be an important part of it. I didn't see that. Roller-coaster shifts. Different start time each day and no two days in a row off. No way to plan. Job description not accurate.

Be more professional. Know your employees and take a genuine interest in them. Quit paying lip service to questions and problems that arise. Please be aware that your employees are your company. Be pro-active instead of running around looking for the next meeting. Way too many meetings at this company.

585 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Good retail company and position

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time

Pros

flexible part-time scheduling and relaxed atmosphere. particular location was very convenient for a seasonal second job - until the location was closed, but i was given the opportunity to transfer stores

Cons

retail position - low wage, but still above minimum

Hard Work And Pressure For Little to No Payoff

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My store had very friendly associates that were likable and made it feel like a family. Being a straight, college age guy, there is very little temptation to spend my paycheck here. After 3 years of working here, I've begun to feel confident in my product knowledge coming from knowing nothing about interior decor.

Cons

Constant demand for opening credit cards, getting emails, and surveys from customers. Working on hand and knee for customers that treat you like dirt for barely above minimum wage. Many customers I spoke with thought we earned at least $11 starting wage plus commission. Very few hours available and a full 8 hour shift maybe once every other month. End of year performance reviews are from 1-5 and unless you meet your high quota every week, you'll get either a 2 or 3.

Think about the associates. The customer is right most of the time but not always. Change the store and website systems from Microsoft Silverlight to Flash. Why use a new program that still has many bugs and performance issues instead of a tried and true 20+ year old program that is used by almost everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports