Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
  www.pier1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Needs a lot of improvement.

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time

Pros

Beautiful building to work in (Headquarters). Free parking. Great cafeteria.

Cons

Computer software broken more often than not. Crazy hours. Lack of permanent seating. Pay is so-so. Not competitive pay. When you hire on they make it seem like you are going to contribute to the company and be an important part of it. I didn't see that. Roller-coaster shifts. Different start time each day and no two days in a row off. No way to plan. Job description not accurate.

Be more professional. Know your employees and take a genuine interest in them. Quit paying lip service to questions and problems that arise. Please be aware that your employees are your company. Be pro-active instead of running around looking for the next meeting. Way too many meetings at this company.

608 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Great Products

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Westport, CT

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Beautiful products, pleasant working envirnment. Nice people to work with and good customer base.

Cons

Not enough hours, pay is very low. Certainly need to have a second job to support yourself....which is ashame. More employees would stay if the compensation and/or the hours were better. Very seldom will give an employee 20 hours due to having to pay out benefits. They'd rather have more staff to fill in than to give their good employees more hours. Not good for overall morale...doesen't make anyone feel appreciated.

Fight harder for your good employees...those that you really want to keep.

I LOVE THE BRAND!!! Love the customers

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at my store for more then 6 years and i get 6 weeks paid vacation!!! good benefits

Cons

the pay... raises when we do get them are very little. i don't feel anyone that works should not get a raise at all.

i feel there is no room to move up.. most store managers have been there for years...

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports