Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

Alex Smith is doing a great job turning Pier 1 around and putting it back on the map. I think some of his leadership team needs some further development, but I want to see Pier 1 continue to succeed and get back to the amazing place it once was to work.

Cons

Favoritism, some departments don't have a clear direction and just react vs. being proactive and looking strategically at what is needed.

Make sure the people at the Home Office support those in the Stores and DCs and not the other way around.

Other Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Worst Place to work ever!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I worked at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

(Some) decent merchandise to buy.

Cons

Management treated as a expendable resource. They do nothing to try to keep and/or retain their employees and offer no clear expectations when under review. I was part of a "downsizing" of payroll that included my paygrade being reduced and then being put on a "plan". Needless to say I would think again and warn anyone who would want to work for this company. The president is all about making sure that the stockholders are happy, all the while cutting jobs and salaries and keeping his huge mandatory bonus he gets every year.

Find a new job where the company respects and takes care of it's employees.

Duped

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Owasso, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Owasso, OK

I worked at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

Pier 1 offered a good and immediate discount.

Cons

When hired I had very specific hours that I could work due to child care restrictions. My hiring manager was empathetic and assured me that she'd work with me. Yeah... that didn't happen.

If you hire someone with the agreement for that person to work particular hours, STICK TO IT.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!