Pier 1 Imports

Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

Alex Smith is doing a great job turning Pier 1 around and putting it back on the map. I think some of his leadership team needs some further development, but I want to see Pier 1 continue to succeed and get back to the amazing place it once was to work.

Cons

Favoritism, some departments don't have a clear direction and just react vs. being proactive and looking strategically at what is needed.

Make sure the people at the Home Office support those in the Stores and DCs and not the other way around.

673 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Pay and promotion opportunities aren't good.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

They have an okay discount, quirky, fun image; some cool products, tasks aren't difficult, and the people are mostly fun and friendly.

Cons

Low pay, company downsizing so no advancement, little motivation towards excellence, ARBITRARY, inconsistent scheduling, little or no benefits, and a lot of manual labor, especially with most of the staff being female.

Unfortunately, Pier 1 is corporately at a point where probably nothing management says or does would change anything. Management could, however, do more to motivate it's employees to success.

Duped

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Owasso, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Owasso, OK

I worked at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

Pier 1 offered a good and immediate discount.

Cons

When hired I had very specific hours that I could work due to child care restrictions. My hiring manager was empathetic and assured me that she'd work with me. Yeah... that didn't happen.

If you hire someone with the agreement for that person to work particular hours, STICK TO IT.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports