Pilgrim's Pride

www.pilgrims.com

Traditional, Hierarchical, Power and Control- Oriented -- not for the faint of heart (or the educated)

Undisclosed (Former Employee) Natchitoches, LA

ProsIt is an intense personal challenge to survive and to do well with this company. Many I knew literally hated work and were basically numbed and worn down by it. Many very good employees and supervisors -- some of whom could have been excellent with some development and coaching -- also expected every day to be their last.

ConsThe poultry industry is a rough industry. Management style is outdated at Pilgrims, and they know it -- lawsuit have put a fine point on the matter. Yet, management is generally too rigid to embrace modern styles. Management, as a general rule, runs things through fear and intimidation -- failing to develop employees or to give them a real voice in the workplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut energy into a more effective, more humane, and less-fear based management style. Improve training -- lean away from training-by-writing people up. Hire more educated supervisors and shift managers. Communicate more, be more tolerant of diverse skill sets. These plant jobs could be better and employees could be better if they worked under less stressful, more supportive environments, which management should strive to build.

In my time there I have served as a line inspector and a quality assurance technician.

Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) Guntersville, AL

I have been working at Pilgrim's Pride full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Solid support from supervisors and management, a pleasure to work… Cons: Long hours at night, freezing environment, low pay Advice to Senior Management: A substantial pay raise would really help. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Worst Job in the WORLD!

Shoulder Cutter (Current Employee) Canton, GA

I have been working at Pilgrim's Pride full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: None, they will work you until your arms and legs fall off. Management doesn't care about the… Cons: Cold, Wet, and pure discrimination. Management will only move up the people they like or close… Advice to Senior Management: Go to college and get a degree! Working 20 years in a chicken plant doesn't teach you how to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pilgrim's Pride.

Worked for Pilgrim's Pride? Contribute to the Community!