Pillar Hotels and Resorts

www.pillarhotels.com
  www.pillarhotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pillar Hotels and Resorts

It's challenging, fast, fun but incredibly micromanaged by the RVP's and on up the food chain.

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Pillar Hotels and Resorts

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for those that want to advance in the hospitality industry. There is continual change going on at any given moment within the corporation that you will learn more with this company than you would taking some hotel management courses.

Pillar prefers to promote most positions from within so it is possible to 'fast-track' to management.

Good, but costly, medical benefit package.

Hundreds of locations in the US. Many different brands from Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott, Holiday, Choice and more.

Pillar employees at corporate office are always there to help you.

Cons

Micromanaging is getting out of hand. Report after report is always due giving us GM's little time to spend with our guest and teams.

With 200+ GM's, Pillar has some extremely experienced managers but fails to see them or utilize their knowledge.

They have a tendency to make policies based on Asset Managers requests. Nevermind that in the long run it will be a mistake.

As change can be positive it is also can be negative. Pillar has a tendency to pick a subject, beat us over the head with it then change the subject, example: One month capital expenditures are important and we must get the properties up to snuff. The next month we submit a capital request for repair and it's denied because we should have 'fixed it earlier'. Well, we couldn't fix it earlier as several maintenance orders were not approved due to cost. Then it comes back to the GM and is portrayed as incompetence. Vicious circle.

Please back off some of the reporting requirements. We are in this industry because we love people, not computers.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Pillar Hotels and Resorts (View Most Recent)

Solid Job, Great People, Good Company

Current Employee - Van Driver
    Current Employee - Van Driver

I have been working at Pillar Hotels and Resorts

Pros

The people I work with are definitely the best reason to work for Pillar Hotels and Resorts. All the managers are very friendly and dedicated. The hotel staff is outstanding. Great place to work.

Cons

Hourly pay could be more, Unpaid breaks

Love it.

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Laredo, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Laredo, TX

I have been working at Pillar Hotels and Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really do love this job. Great staff. Very helpful management.

Cons

I really can't think of any. So far (five months) it's been great.

Keep doing what your doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Pillar Hotels and Resorts